• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky on the Panthers

ncfan

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Are they talking about the OC version or the head coach version?

The OC version got a lot of praise. The head coach? Not so much.

I am thinking that Rhule has a big say in what kinds of plays we run. Our offense has looked basically the same under 3 different OCs the only common factor is Matt Rhule. 

Its like we are running a high school/small college scheme in the NFL. It is incredibly easy to diagnose and shutdown. Same routes and concepts all game, he might be using the coach madden suggestions to run his O. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The fact that Mayfield didn't get a ton of time to study the playbook may very well be the cause of this. As the season goes on it should change. If it doesn't ooof.

I mean,  McAdoo was literally run out of the league from calling plays for being painfully predictable and unimaginative on offense. 

Fair odds it’s largely just McAdoo being McAdoo.   And Rhule being Rhule.  It’s not a good combo given what we know of the two 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

I remember Gianta offenses were pretty stagnant under McAdoo, with Eli Manning as QB.  not sure why we expected anything different   

That must have been when he was HC, not OC.  Because when he was OC they did not have any trouble moving the ball, especially thru the air.  Manning had career years both years McAdoo was the Giants OC.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are they talking about the OC version or the head coach version?

The OC version got a lot of praise. The head coach? Not so much.

Both. They tend to give Manning all the credit. I’ll wait for someone to dig into past game film to see if this is correct.

19 minutes ago, joemac said:

That must have been when he was HC, not OC.  Because when he was OC they did not have any trouble moving the ball, especially thru the air.  Manning had career years both years McAdoo was the Giants OC.

The OC version was under a long time offensive HC.  That was one of the most over the top micromanagers in coaching.  

as HC McAdoo actually got to do whatever he wanted with the O.  And it was horrific. 

I also think it is framed poorly to call those career years for Manning.   They weren’t really career years.  They sucked and couldn’t win.  And Manning har to pass all game because they sucked and were always trying to comeback.