• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie Anderson: Fans shouldn't bring negative energy

Mr. Scot

There is a NFL teams vs Fans narrative that is beginning to blossom. I don’t know how I feel about it. I get that as fans we have the right to be angry when our teams aren’t winnning but these guys have a very shitty job. 

we get to sit on our asses and watch them play this sport, while they risk their lives, literally, on the field every Sunday. This sport is dangerous and once they are done playing, they don’t really have much. Their medical bills are constant and insane. 

in a way, we are entitled as fans. I personally don’t like it. Ofc those who know me on here, I don’t really go after players. I definitely go after coaches and agents though.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

There is a NFL teams vs Fans narrative that is beginning to blossom. I don’t know how I feel about it. I get that as fans we have the right to be angry when our teams aren’t winnning but these guys have a very shitty job. 

we get to sit on our asses and watch them play this sport, while they risk their lives, literally, on the field every Sunday. This sport is dangerous and once they are done playing, they don’t really have much. Their medical bills are constant and insane. 

in a way, we are entitled as fans. I personally don’t like it. Ofc those who know me on here, I don’t really go after players. I definitely go after coaches and agents though.

I am of the belief that both sides can be wrong in aspects. Honestly social media and Twitter has seeped into the lives of athletes even off the field.

Can you imagine how many DMs Jimmy Clausen would have gotten in 2010 saying things like “kill yourself”  if social media was at the same height as it is now?

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I am of the belief that both sides can be wrong in aspects. Honestly social media and Twitter has seeped into the lives of athletes even off the field.

Can you imagine how many DMs Jimmy Clausen would have gotten in 2010 saying things like “kill yourself”  if social media was at the same height as it is now?

It’s pretty scary stuff. There is absolutely no accountability on social media.  One of my biggest hates of our current society is social media. 

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

The fan base is not the Huddle thank god…so many whinny punks on this board with no life looking for an outlet to vent their frustrations with their missable lives

Has 16 thousand huddle posts yet says others have no lives. Sorry to break the bad news to you but the huddle is not the only place speaking the truth about the state of this team. I guess all those in the media and other NFL fans who see the Panthers as a poorly run franchise that overpays for mediocre results are all haters too.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You can't just say all players because some have much more at risk than others financially. The players on lower tier contracts and the guys hovering around league minumum because they were either drafted late or had to a earn a spot in camp after going undrafted are truly those taking all the risks and they have my respect. I've been very staunchly pro player and what some would call anti-owner. But the mentality being displayed by some players like the guys who already got those big first round pick millions or a big new contract looks bad for the sport and if they build a rift between themselves and most of the working class fans it's not going to end well. Good luck with all that.

12 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Man got an 18 million dollar contract from jump street while most players are lucky to get 10% of that starting out and if they get injured it's hey thanks adios there's the door. These guys should start taking the Marshawn Lynch approach and just pay fines for not talking to the media if they are going to say stupid poo.

Edited by frankw

17 hours ago, Coreyl90 said:

Does RA realize people spend hundreds of $ only to show up and watch them lose week in and week out? 

This.  Back in the olden days when games were cheap you can have more loyal fans. But here in Chicago it’s $300 for a seat that isn’t in the nosebleeds to watch a team that can barely move a ball. It’s almost a grand to go to a game with one other person. 

So you can continue with Donovan’s sentiment…

-If a company is losing in the stock market…the shareholders have every right to be upset

-If I pay money for a ballet ticket, and everyone is falling all over the place, I’d be upset. 
-If I pay a mechanic to fix my car, and I have to keep going back to him, spending more money because it wasn’t fixed properly, I’d be upset. 

Robbie needs to get over himself. It’s life when money is involved. People want appropriate return for their investments. The Panthers aren’t providing that for their fans. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 1