• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post something positive about the Panthers : (

jackson113

5 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I'm happy to contribute to a positive thread so let me give my best shot.

At the very least, it's easy to see a pathway to competitiveness. Literally all it would take is a competent offensive scheme. So if we assume some combination of McAdoo figuring things out, Ickey getting more comfortable and the offensive line as a whole gelling, Baker building rapport with the receivers, McCaffrey and DJ being better utilized, and Shi unleashing his potential, all of which in theory are quite plausible individually, we could have at least an average offense. And with an average offense and our current defense, particularly if we can start forcing the occasional turnover, we should be good enough to compete for a wild card spot.

Also despite our lackluster competition, we did lose by a combined 5 points with both teams making 55+ yard field goals at the end of the game. I mean it would take very little going differently for us to be 2-0. Hell the same Cleveland kicker knocking it in from 58 missed a late extra point last week that would have effectively sealed the game. If he missed as expected and we were 1-1 with a narrow loss at the Giants, would we still be giving up on the season? I mean, lots of people would, yeah probably actually.

Interesting fact, given that there are about a dozen or more "ifs" that have to go our way in there and your chances drop 50% every time you use an "if" as a qualifier our odds are 0.000000001% that we are successful. 

• Beer 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, Jon Snow said:

I hope the do not extend Baker Mayfield.  It would be just another blunder this team loves to make however.  

Matt Corral is the only QB signed for next year. Do you really want to go into the season with only him? We will have to sign someone. Maybe not Baker, but someone. That is, unless you plan on taking even more lumps anyhow. And I am not sure that would fly around here.

17 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He made the injury report and definitely wasn't happy about being on it.....

Saw that. Honestly, I don’t think he’s been ecstatic about being shelved the last two years. He hasn’t had surgery or anything major but as soon as we were out of contention, IR. He came back last year and we lost a few and back on IR.

He might be reaching a frustration level about being know as fragile.

5 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Matt Corral is the only QB signed for next year. Do you really want to go into the season with only him? We will have to sign someone. Maybe not Baker, but someone. That is, unless you plan on taking even more lumps anyhow. And I am not sure that would fly around here.

2023 draft.