• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will this franchise ever have an "offense minded" head coach

TheBigKat

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Serious question, if we land a Jim Harbaugh and have a top 3 pick do you think he rolls with Corral or drafts his own QB?

I think Harbaugh would love Corral and draft defense.

He loves mobile QBs that can push the ball down field and Corral isn't just that he's waaaaaay more accurate than Kaep.

22 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Whoever found McDaniel for Miami...want them advising Tepper. (Let's hope Tepper learned that he does not have a clue...we'll keep it as our little secret.)

That’s FACTS. I thought Tua was a bust, his schemes and the team personnel have him looking like Mahomes

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Watching DaBoll and McDaniel go on to establish themselves as competent HCs in 2 games vs year 3 of the pooshow we have going on here is beyond frustrating. 

Let’s hold our horses on the Giants, the two teams they beat are 0-2 currently. Not saying they will fall or Daboll will be bad, but it’s a bit soon saying he is a great coach 

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Defense wins championships. Offense gets you there. 

Our "defense first" philosophy has never won a championship. Our defensive coaches can't even post back to back winning seasons. Look at some of the defensive coaches that have won SB's

Tom Landry (Staubach), Chuck Knoll (Bradshaw), Bill Belichik (Brady), Mike Tomlin (Big Ben), Tony Dungy (Manning), Jimmy Johnson (Aikman), They all had quarterback who could light up a score board.  They wouldn't have won anything with the QB's and/or offensive schemes we've put on the field the past seasons.

Defense does win you championships as long as you have an offense that can outscore the other team. In today's NFL I'd rather have a great offense and middle of the road defense than vice versa.

• Beer 1

Just now, panthersgreenville said:

Let’s hold our horses on the Giants, the two teams they beat are 0-2 currently. Not saying they will fall or Daboll will be bad, but it’s a bit soon saying he is a great coach 

He appears to be a competent coach. He has shown more in 2 games with a very depleted team than Rhule has in more than 2 years. He made the most of a bad QB and propped up a thin D with decent play. They have a tough year infront of them and then he has to find a QB answer better than what he is stuck with currently. McDaniel walked into a much better situation overall. Both could fail on any of the things they will be dealing with as they move forward as the expectations raise for each but even if they do it wasn't a bad try like Rhule has been since the get go for us. They both appear NFL competent and it should be fun for their fans to watch them grow into their new roles. 

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Dom Capers- Defense

Seifert- Defense

Teflon John- Defense

Rivera- Defense

Rhule- used car salesman

When will this team get a Brian DaBoll, Mike McDaniel, McVay style head coach, its been over 25 years

Does anybody know what Rhules supposed specialty even is supposed to be?   Or is he just a jack of all trades "leader of men" type?

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm not buying this Ken Dorsey hype. If we needed someone in a pinch call up Flores.

Yeah I am with you on that one. I need to see a lot more before I could get behind Dorsey, like 2 more years of good production. He might get there but he isn't there yet. 

• Beer 1