• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official “Preseason” Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

24 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Ok some basic House cleaning for the regular season. Should we created one mega thread for games or still create game by game threads?

I prefer individual game threads. But then, I'd also like to see them disappear within a few days after the game. No need to leave them up for weeks after the game.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:00 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

Orr, Montgomery, and Vondras headed back to juniors. Kind of wanted to see Orr during the preseason but, oh well. It was also reported that Fitzgerald isn’t taking part in training camp due to an undisclosed injury.

That’s four players gone, a good amount to go.

If I had to guess, I’d say the roster will be (if they keep 23):

Turbo - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Stastny - Staal - Fast

Marty - Drury - Kase

Stepan

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

De Haan - Bear

Coghlan

Chatfield

Andersen

Raanta

If we only go with 22, I expect Chatfield to go down but he’ll obviously come back up in the event of an injury or if Bear gets traded. I also fully expect Noesen to be the first call up once Kase inevitably gets hurt.

Imagine the level of expectation and pressure on the kid named Bobby Orr to succeed in the NHL. Parents did him no favors...

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I prefer individual game threads. But then, I'd also like to see them disappear within a few days after the game. No need to leave them up for weeks after the game.

They don’t disappear do they?  We can all create game threads I guess. Team effort!  

I wonder if NCFan will be back this year to annoy everyone?

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t see either of those games being played in TB if this storm does what they say it will. So they are going to get cancelled or moved to another venue.

By either I mean us or Nashville. 

It’s just one game in Tampa I thought?

Home game tonight vs. Tampa and then Wednesday’s game in Tampa was postponed.

23 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The Best professional sports team in the history of North Carolina returns to action TONIGHT.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/34642722/nhl-future-power-rankings-grading-all-32-teams-roster-prospects-cap-situation-management

Don’t post that on the main board. I’m done trying to convince the majority of this board to invest their fandom in the Canes. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1