• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will be Rhules biggest regret?

CanadianCat

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thats mine as well. 

Brady never call college plays, much less NFL. Had no clue how to run a practice or answers for when D figured out his play calls/system.

Snow- never called a NFL D. 65 years old and only claim to NFL frame was the LB coach on the famous 0-16 Lions team. "brains" of the rhules think tank....I will say his D was better than RRs D with less talents.....thats RR calling card and the commies look poor again on D with an elite DL...

All the temple/baylor hires, 2 left him less past year....soooo much for loyalty....

His strength coach has the team looking WEAK for the past 2 years and 2 games. All on rhule hiring this guy cause he helped Rhule get his weirdo ass get in shape....No great experience, just followed Rhule around... Sports science my arse...

Brady had little experience but after seeing the offense with Mcadoo, the same pathetic route concepts ect It's hard to judge if he had any talent rhules slimey fingerprints were all over it.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Brady had little experience but after seeing the offense with Mcadoo, the same pathetic route concepts ect It's hard to judge if he had any talent rhules slimey fingerprints were all over it.

Agree, it looks like Brady is still in the booth.... Im not ready to throw in the towel, but my god Mccadoo needs to figure this out.....those two Ls were on Mccadoo, Baker, AND Rhule. 

D gots its own issues, but the first 20 +/- problems are coming form this offensive offense. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Agree, it looks like Brady is still in the booth.... Im not ready to throw in the towel, but my god Mccadoo needs to figure this out.....those two Ls were on Mccadoo, Baker, AND Rhule. 

D gots its own issues, but the first 20 +/- problems are coming form this offensive offense. 

You won't win many games averaging under 20ppg.

I'm not sure how much control Mcadoo has... He wasn't a great HC but he had an quality playbook in NY this crap just stinks of Rhule to me.

8 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

You won't win many games averaging under 20ppg.

I'm not sure how much control Mcadoo has... He wasn't a great HC but he had an quality playbook in NY this crap just stinks of Rhule to me.

Hes calling the game like hes trying to hide all the good plays, some sort of 7D BS chess. Thats and hes scared, like no trust in Baker, Ickey, OL overall, and DJ. The staff around him needs to echo this thought into his head- "Ben dont hold back, playoffs(lolololol), injuries, other BS.....lets score some points" "If and when the defense makes adjustments, we will be READY!!" 

• Beer 1

Assuming he actually cares about failing in the nfl, it’s undoubtedly making huge changes to the roster without a clear plan in mind, to this day this roster isn’t particularly good in any specific area and this team doesn’t even have a identity.

guy literally emulated things that have never really been successful in the nfl, you don’t drop your franchise qb at the time if there isn’t a clear cut upgrade, along with hiring his college buddies instead of getting some nfl caliber coaching from the start, the guy is just horrible at his job, there’s not one moment I can grasp from the rhule era where I can say I was proud or impress of him as a HC.

on the flip side you’ve finesse your way in generational wealth, and that sir is something you’ll be able to hang your hat on for an eternity 

38 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I actually liked the Darnold trade. I thought we could have paid less to get him (see the Baker trade) but I liked that we always were looking to get better at that position. 

It didnt work out, and thats life but if it had we would not be talking about firing the guy. 

Even without hindsight the Darnold trade had major red flags from the get go. Even if the Jets are a mess, Darnold had 4 years of tape with little to be happy about. Worst of all is what happened next. Not fixing the OL when a one was available at our pick in the first. Then the worst being exercising Darnold’s option. 

All in all if I was Rhule my biggest regret is not going after the best QB possible that I liked no matter what. Coaches live and die by their QBs just ask RR yet Rhule just seemed not to give a fug. 

I don’t think he will have any. He tried his hardest. The biggest issue is his incompetence. Which isn’t from a lack of trying - he simply isn’t good enough. Next biggest issue is his lack of NFL connections and overall understanding of the NFL which leads to poor and bottom of the barrel staff. No worth while NFL candidate wants to work under a college coach. Especially without a prize player/franchise QB. Let’s be real.

Sure he made mistakes he’d probably take back, but that’s just how his brain works and he’d do it again (see issue #1 above). He legitimately thought a player like Darnold would be a franchise QB. You can’t change that thought process or eye for ‘talent’.

Those two things are basically why he failed and it’s not really things he can change, the latter will always be an issue because of the former. 

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The option they picked up was a bigger deal than the trade.

Not necessarily. We have like $15 million in cap space. How much different would things look with $33 million in cap space instead? Other than maybe allowing us to go even more all in on Watson, which is probably a blessing in disguise. You could definitely argue the loss of an early 2nd plus 4th and 6th round picks, was a bigger blow.

Basically ask yourself this, could we have traded Darnold and his salary to a team by giving them the 38th pick plus two day 3 picks? I think any team with available cap space would happily have taken Darnold off our hands for that return.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Not necessarily. We have like $15 million in cap space. How much different would things look with $33 million in cap space instead? Other than maybe allowing us to go even more all in on Watson, which is probably a blessing in disguise. You could definitely argue the loss of an early 2nd plus 4th and 6th round picks, was a bigger blow.

Basically ask yourself this, could we have traded Darnold and his salary to a team by giving them the 38th pick plus two day 3 picks? I think any team with available cap space would happily have taken Darnold off our hands for that return.

By borrowing from future cap and converting salary for players like Anderson.... We are literally already at next seasons cap....