• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Are the Panthers becoming perennial Losers?”

ncfan

Cam could have finished his contract, no problem. We should have went all out (move up one spot :-/) to get Justin Herbert.

Keep in mind I was on both bandwagons.

I was also on the Micah Parsons/(move up in the second)Kyle Trask bandwagon which would also have us in better shape right now.

Call me Fitts!

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cam could have finished his contract, no problem. We should have went all out (move up one spot :-/) to get Justin Herbert.

Keep in mind I was on both bandwagons.

I was also on the Micah Parsons/(move up in the second)Kyle Trask bandwagon which would also have us in better shape right now.

Call me Fitts!

woulda, coulda, shoula works every time.

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Oh no, our owner hired the wrong people. That has never happened before in the history of the NFL.  Only our owner would be that dumb.

This is Tepper 4th year. And his first hire. There is a possibility that the guy figures it out next time. Oh wait, this is the Huddle, what was I thinking?

Jerry Richardson never hired college coaches for a reason. 

Flipping the apple cart just for the sake of doing so just leaves dirty, bruised fruit(fanbase).

Tepper was central in the mistreatment of the last true franchise QB to grace BofA, other than maybe Matt Corral.

Change for the sake of change alone is not building. It's destruction.

It would cost too much to trade CMC this year. You will just have to face the fact he will be here next year. 

Cam was not an NFL caliber QB once TJ ruined his shoulder. Those who clamor for him are living in denial.

Tepper has only had 3 seasons, and 2 games. He has not ruined this franchise in that short of time frame. And if he has. It was too soft to begin with.

I know ppl are frustrated and angry. Which leads to hyperbole and wild speculation. But can we at least keep the comments within reason?

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Yea that stat sucks, but I never understand why these columnist cherry pick years. 49ers were the worst team in football 3 years ago, then Super Bowls the next year. Same with the bengals. 

there just isn’t a consistency to this stuff. At this moment, we can say over the last 5 years the patriots are the most winningest team in the league. However, the product you see on the field on sundays this year and last year doesn’t look like that at all. 

we suck right now, and we’ve sucked for awhile. Because we don’t have a QB. Simple as that. If Rhule had a good qb, that record of 1-25 in games decided by less than 4 points… is probably more evened out. It’s a QB driven league, and we are just passengers right now.

The QB is a big part of it, but just look at the Browns game. Rhule turtled up when he could have gone for the win. 

That's a mentality that's rife throughout the franchise. 

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Cam’s arm falling off was far greater than Tepper. Ron and Marty were 2018 and 2019 so Tepper’s impact was basically 0 until 2020 when he hired Rhule and let Rhule and Marty act like they had a team that could compete. 2018 fell apart because everyone finally figured out Cam was done.

I see it less about Newton being gone than it is about the efforts to replace him having been... unsuccessful.

4 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

It would cost too much to trade CMC this year. You will just have to face the fact he will be here next year. 

Cam was not an NFL caliber QB once TJ ruined his shoulder. Those who clamor for him are living in denial.

Tepper has only had 3 seasons, and 2 games. He has not ruined this franchise in that short of time frame. And if he has. It was too soft to begin with.

I know ppl are frustrated and angry. Which leads to hyperbole and wild speculation. But can we at least keep the comments within reason?

About two years late on that one. We are all over Cam. The prevailing opinion here is he was screwed just to be screwed and the thought that he couldn't finish out while a rookie QB watched and waited in hindsight was Rhulish. Very Rhulish.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

About two years late on that one. We are all over Cam. The prevailing opinion here is he was screwed just to be screwed and the thought that he couldn't finish out while a rookie QB watched and waited in hindsight was Rhulish. Very Rhulish.

We still get posts at an almost daily level with ppl still wanting Cam. Cam coulda saved us is still parroted. Cam could still run. But he wasn't much of a passing threat after that Watt hit.