• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Tepper to be patient with Rhule

kungfoodude

26 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Well that just further reinforces my decision to not put forth any additional effort to watch this team.  If they come on a national broadcast Ill watch.  Otherwise Ill catch them as I can on RedZone.

lol I've watched Redzone only for the entire Rhule era..... I always tell people "if they do something, I'll see it".... 

47 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not sure I can buy that as much as I buy that he is buying the BS Rhule is spewing because Tepper really doesn't know very much about football.

I don't think that is a small thing to overlook, that he really has extremely limited football knowledge but still meddles in the football operation side of things.

His not knowing football doesn't bother me.

Him thinking he knows football does.

• Beer 2

Trying to take myself away from a fan perspective.  I can see (not agree, just see the personal justification) how Tepper would give Rhule a 3rd year.  If he had fired Rhule after two it could look like Tepper is a hot head and doesn't give his guys a chance, potentially negatively impacting the ability to lure top tier coaching talent.

That said, we are a couple games in, and anyone can see that this team is in disarray with no signs of the staff being able to overcome the issues that have haunted them since the regime took over. Ten wins and stats say if you score 17 points Carolina lays down.   Better line talent, better QB talent, seasoned NFL staff members and the product on the field is basically the same.  If (actually when) we continue to struggle, I don't think Tepper should have any misgivings about moving forward with a change.  If Tepper is going to be "patient" with Rhule, I think that is likely to be measured based on games rather than seasons.