• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule not on the hot seat

philw5289

Everyone expecting Rhule to be fired imminently needs to chill because they're setting themselves up for disappointment. He'll almost certainly be fired late in the season like Ron was. There's nothing to gain by firing him right now unless you're wanting to give an assistant a legit trial run to prove he's the guy for the future. Just not seeing that. This staff needs gutting.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone expecting Rhule to be fired imminently needs to chill because they're setting themselves up for disappointment. He'll almost certainly be fired late in the season like Ron was. There's nothing to gain by firing him right now unless you're wanting to give an assistant a legit trial run to prove he's the guy for the future. Just not seeing that. This staff needs gutting.

I wouldn’t mind keeping a few guys like Wilkes around. He and McDermott appeared to be the masterminds of our elite defense for several years prior to their respective departures.

Blow the rest of it to pieces.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I wouldn’t mind keeping a few guys like Wilkes around. He and McDermott appeared to be the masterminds of our elite defense for several years prior to their respective departures.

Blow the rest of it to pieces.

We need to hire a new coach and let him build his own staff. If that means keeping some guys, fine. If it means firing everyone, that's fine too.

Wilks isn't the right guy for this secondary though. We built a press man secondary and we have an off zone secondary coach. It's just a bad fit. Same is true on offense. Our personnel does not fit McAdoo's offense. Everything is just a poor fit of Rhule simply trying to hire guys with legit NFL experience for the sake of having NFL experience on his staff.

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

It doesn’t say Rhule isn’t on the hot seat. Just gives the impression that if Rhule is fired it won’t be until we are eliminated from the playoffs or the end of the season. 
He is definitely on the hot seat. 

It also gives the impression he really has to screw up to lose his job. Basically tepper is saying give me something! Anything! I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps him because of injuries at this point. His narcissistic ego will just not admit he fugged up. 

Edited by Snake

58 minutes ago, Snake said:

It also gives the impression he really has to screw up to lose his job. Basically tepper is saying give me something! Anything! I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps him because of injuries at this point. His narcissistic ego will just not admit he fugged up. 

What injuries dude? Nothing significant 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now that you mention it, I'd love to see what hometown Wilks could do. He got the short end in AZ imo.

Get Rhule and Snow up outta here asap. Fans would feel like the owner isn't settling for mediocre...