• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to see darnold next week?

Jmac

We could trade for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers tomorrow and they would look the worst they ever have in their career for the rest of the season.  Baker is playing below expectations and not good at all, to be frank.  He's missing the open throws and he looks scared.  But, shitty QB play is just a symptom of a Rhule offense.

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

We could trade for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers tomorrow and they would look the worst they ever have in their career for the rest of the season.  Baker is playing below expectations and not good at all, to be frank.  He's missing the open throws and he looks scared.  But, shitty QB play is just a symptom of a Rhule offense.

Oh come on man. Both of those guys would make this team competitive from the start. This team does have talent.

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Oh come on man. Both of those guys would make this team competitive from the start. This team does have talent.

I dont dispute we have talent.  But I maintain the offense is not conducive to good QB play.  The only way those guys would make us look any better is if they were given full autonomy of the offense, much like what TB did with Brady when he came in...  Look at the plays and play designs today.  Again, that could've been Brady or Rodgers on those bootlegs and screens, and those plays would still net nothing because the receivers aren't open.  It isn't the talent.  It's the coaching.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I dont dispute we have talent.  But I maintain the offense is not conducive to good QB play.  The only way those guys would make us look any better is if they were given full autonomy of the offense, much like what TB did with Brady when he came in...  Look at the plays and play designs today.  Again, that could've been Brady or Rodgers on those bootlegs and screens, and those plays would still net nothing because the receivers aren't open.  It isn't the talent.  It's the coaching.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not going that far down the rabbit hole. You are blaming everyone. Not one player is playing well. Coaches sux, Owner sux.

I see a team that just needs a competent QB. Our D looks legit. Our run game can be effective. Our WRs ARE getting open, but the QB can't hit them.

Like I said. A COMPETENT QB makes us a very competitive team.

Just now, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not going that far down the rabbit hole. You are blaming everyone. Not one player is playing well. Coaches sux, Owner sux.

I see a team that just needs a competent QB. Our D looks legit. Our run game can be effective. Our WRs ARE getting open, but the QB can't hit them.

Like I said. A COMPETENT QB makes us a very competitive team.

Idk what game you were watching, but those receivers were not open.  I counted maybe 3 or 4 throws where they were clearly open and Baker missed them.

Baker is playing like poo, but again, this offense has looked the same under 4 different QBs and 3 different OCs.  It's not the players.  Don't get me wrong, if a better option than Baker became available, we should be all over it...  but, they're still not going to look good either because the scheme is ass.

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yes, ride Darnold to 1-16 and the #1 pick 

I'm down for that.

And this time draft a Top QB instead of a Corner or something.   😐

If we're gonna fail, then let's fail SPECTACULARLY.

But I see Baker going back out there next week 'cause they won regardless.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idk what game you were watching, but those receivers were not open.  I counted maybe 3 or 4 throws where they were clearly open and Baker missed them.

Baker is playing like poo, but again, this offense has looked the same under 4 different QBs and 3 different OCs.  It's not the players.  Don't get me wrong, if a better option than Baker became available, we should be all over it...  but, they're still not going to look good either because the scheme is ass.

Watching on tv is not the best way to evaluate how wide open WR are. Also, QBs need to be able to make throws into small windows. WR should not have to have 3 yards of separation to be considered open?

Also, let us not get sidetracked from the fact Baker was not so good today. 

Edited by Gerry Green