• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Team Played For Their Coach Today

Daddy_Uncle

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'm sorry, but if this was them playing for their coach they are in worse shape than I could have imagined. 

That offense was horrible. The defense capitalized on another bad offense. You put them against a good offense and they won't look nearly as good.

To be honest, I don't care if they love their coach. I think that's great, but he's still a bad coach who shouldn't have a job in the NFL and as long as he is their coach, he's holding them back. 

just out of curiosity does this mean Dennis Allen is a worse coach because his better defense didnt take advantage of our bad offense?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

Coaches never play the game. Players gotta make plays. 

Coaches make sure their players are prepared for the game. 

Coaches make sure they have the right plan for the players to win.

Coaches make sure the right players are on the field.

Coaches make sure that their players are in the best situation to win.

Coaches make sure that players have a plan that adapts to situations.

Coaches make their players the best they can be so they can win. 

Rhule and his staff fails at all of this. If the players aren't doing their job, that's in the coaching staff.... ultimately it falls on Rhule.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Coaches never play the game. Players gotta make plays. 

No. They just choose which players get to play, which coordinators and position coaches to get, what type of offense to run, whether to bench guys who look like ass week in and week out, and put their players in a position to succeed. Rhule has no responsibility at all. 

Why are we peddling away from the poor coaching after one win in our last 10 games?

Today was great for our defense.  Cool.  Snow showed improvement, some better defensive playcalling.

Offense play, playcalling, and gameplan still very suspect which falls on everyone.  OL was nice but we got like nothing outside of the Shenault play.  Another 20ish yarder 1st quarter and no ball movement.  

And stop b*tching at other posters and crap jeezus.  There's a clear and fair reason so many hate this situation.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

just out of curiosity does this mean Dennis Allen is a worse coach because his better defense didnt take advantage of our bad offense?

It is what it is, but he's also brand new and figuring poo out. This is Rhule's third year.

But yes, this game Rhule's team was better. That doesn't happen often. You've got to feel bad for the team who plays worse than ours... except it's the saints so I don't feel bad at all.

I will say that if the saints aren't improved next year, they should probably be looking elsewhere...just like we should have.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Coaches set the game plan, adjust the strategy, decide who plays and, in the case of Rhule, choose who's on the roster.

What’s your point man? Explain how Rhule lost the 9 previous games. They operate within the confines of the salary cap and who is on the roster, and they have been close for a long time 

I don't know and don't care if there are coaches worse than rhule. There probably are, I guess. 

I'm not interested or satisfied with having "not the worst" coach in the league. I'm not satisfied with having a coach that doesn't win. 

I don't care what any other team is doing. I'm a fan of the Panthers and I'm tired of having a coach that doesn't help this team win more than a few games a year 

Kick him to the curb.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Coaches make sure their players are prepared for the game. 

Coaches make sure they have the right plan for the players to win.

Coaches make sure the right players are on the field.

Coaches make sure that their players are in the best situation to win.

Coaches make sure that players have a plan that adapts to situations.

Coaches make their players the best they can be so they can win. 

Rhule and his staff fails at all of this. If the players aren't doing their job, that's in the coaching staff.... ultimately it falls on Rhule.

There's a reason the Jaguars actually look competent and currently smashing the Chargers with basically the same roster from last year. Hmm, wonder what changed?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

What’s your point man? Explain how Rhule lost the 9 previous games. They operate within the confines of the salary cap and who is on the roster, and they have been close for a long time 

By not being as good at his job as the opposing coach was.

(it's not really that difficult to understand)

And we already had the "close" discussion. You don't keep your job by being close, but if you look at the last several games, we're not really "close" to anything but the bottom of the league.

Edited by Mr. Scot