• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rah rah

NAS

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

It's more seeing that we're still not playing well and looking at the rest of the schedule and realizing we're fugged.

If we had played well, of the offense didn't look like absolute poo, it would be better. We all know the real reason we won....the saints sucked worse than any other team we've played this year. That's not something to celebrate. Winning is great, but there's a dose of reality surrounding that win that isn't pleasant....and that makes people grumpy.

You could also argue that things finally rolled our way. I mean we are realistically 2 bullshit calls and one bullshit QB scramble away from 3-0, 2-1 at worst. There’s a lot of parity in the league this year. We may fair better against the “tough teams”’than you think.

12 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It took a fluky (great play, but fluky) defensive scoring play to beat a poor Saints team even with 3 awesome receivers, a great running back, a good defense, and a good special teams (in your words). If you don't see the red flag in that then we can't help you.

Yeah but I mean we also dropped two INTs today and their one TD they caught was a fluke catch that would probably be incomplete 7/10 times. 

My biggest gripe today was not letting Pinero (sp) kick a FG when he was 6/6 for the season and instead going for it on 4th. Also Snow blitzing when we were up two scores and allowing huge gains as a consequence is a problem. We deserved this win today though.

44 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Getting a win while we're still improving isn't a bad thing, unless you just don't see the offense getting any better with more play. 

Not much better. I haven't seen improvements on offense. It just keeps looking bad/impotent in different ways. I don't expect much improvement and if it does show up it will be late in the season when it's too late for a playoff berth. 

Then we do the same thing that has happened for years, seeing potential at the end of the season, enough to get maybe a bit excited, only to see us fall on our face again. 

7 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

You could also argue that things finally rolled our way. I mean we are realistically 2 bullshit calls and one bullshit QB scramble away from 3-0, 2-1 at worst. There’s a lot of parity in the league this year. We may fair better against the “tough teams”’than you think.

I hope so, but it rolled more our way because it was a bad team and we were only a couple plays away from things rolling our way against two other bad teams. 

We looked competitive against bad teams and depended on a few things rolling our way to win. I don't have much hope of us being all that competitive against the better teams on the schedule.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

How was it fluky exactly? Wasn’t it just a solid play by Luvu? I feel like calling it fluky really diminishes what Luvu did on that play.

Because defensive TDs are fluky no matter what. They can't be relied upon. And I'm not saying that we have to ignore it entirely - it was a good play by Luvu. I'm saying that the offense wasn't good enough to win without said fluky play, just like years past. Nothing has changed.

6 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Yeah but I mean we also dropped two INTs today and their one TD they caught was a fluke catch that would probably be incomplete 7/10 times. 

My biggest gripe today was not letting Pinero (sp) kick a FG when he was 6/6 for the season and instead going for it on 4th. Also Snow blitzing when we were up two scores and allowing huge gains as a consequence is a problem. We deserved this win today though.

No argument there that Jameis tried to gift several picks that Carolina didn't reel in. Dude just can't help himself.

Edited by KSpan

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I hope so, but it rolled more our way because it was a bad team and we were only a couple plays away from things rolling our way against two other bad teams. 

We looked competitive against bad teams and depended on a few things rolling our way to win. I don't have much hope of us being all that competitive against the better teams on the schedule.

Sure I understand but one thing that gives me some hope is that in each of our losses the plays were there to be made to win the game. 

I mean if Shi Smith doesn’t drop that slant inside the 10 that’s a TD and momentum play. If he finishes his route and burns the D for a 60yd score then we put the game away.  

4 plays made the difference between 1-2 and 3-0 with an offense that’s still finding its groove. Yes we haven’t played the class of the NFC yet but we don’t control who we play. 

Im not crowning Rhule here but I think you can tell that the team is improved from last year. It’s just the stupid mistakes and maintaining composure we really need to fix. I’m not a fan of some ill timed play calls but this team does have a fighting spirit and they do believe in Rhule it seems.

Edited by OneBadCat

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Sure I understand but one thing that gives me some hope is that in each of our losses the plays were there to be made to win the game. 

I mean if Shi Smith doesn’t drop that slant inside the 10 that’s a TD and momentum play. If he finishes his route and burns the D for a 60yd score then we put the game away.  

4 plays made the difference between 1-2 and 3-0 with an offense that’s still finding its groove. Yes we haven’t played the class of the NFC yet but we don’t control who we play. 

Im not crowning Rhule here but I think you can tell that the team is improved from last year. It’s just the stupid mistakes and maintaining composure we really need to fix. I’m not a fan of some ill timed play calls but this team does have a fighting spirit and they do believe in Rhule it seems.

Again, it's against bad teams that we look "improved", if we are anyways. And this whole "just a few plays away from a win" thing has been going on a long time. Teams that make those kind of comments only do so because they keep finding ways to lose. 

Believing in Rhule and having a fighting spirit is nice, but it doesn't consistently win games. It doesn't make you a winner.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Again, it's against bad teams that we look "improved", if we are anyways. And this whole "just a few plays away from a win" thing has been going on a long time. Teams that make those kind of comments only do so because they keep finding ways to lose. 

Believing in Rhule and having a fighting spirit is nice, but it doesn't consistently win games. It doesn't make you a winner.

But on that note is there much difference between Matt Rhule and Ron Rivera? The situation is eerily similar. Early Ron teams were close to victory too. But he finally figured out he had a cheat code with Cam Newton and a 3rd and short conversion machine.