• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a friendly reminder about today's victory...

Proudiddy

From the tweet I shared last week...

So the 13th worst head coach in NFL history defeated the 7th worst coach in NFL history (going into this game).  A win is a win I suppose, but it's also all about perspective.  

We are bad, but the Aints are worse.  I'd like to think we laid some foundational blocks of momentum that will carry into future games, but I don't think we did.  We just beat a team that happens to somehow be worse than us.

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 10
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 12

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I was reading this story regarding Dennis Allen and Winston.  It gave me very bad vibes about Allen.  He is an asshole

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34666113/new-orleans-saints-not-considering-change-qb-1-2-start

Just sounds like another guy in over his head.  I know he wants to believe he was going to inherit the reins and they wouldn't skip a beat, but anyone that watched his time in Oakland could see, he just doesn't have "it" as a head coach.

Also, interestingly enough, what I learned from that article was that was Ronald Curry who Jameis got into the spat with on their sideline.  Wow.  I was a huge Ronald Curry fan growing up...  I had no idea that was him when they showed him during the broadcast.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we probably just cost ourselves draft position. We aren't winning many games with the offense we're fielding right now. We basically need the other team to beat themselves and the Saints did that today.

Even then it’s unlikely. In over 25 years of watching football, I have literally, rarely seen a team beat themselves as much as the Browns did week 1 and we still lost. It really is about draft position.

If Rhule can muster up 4-2 or 3-3 over the next few weeks, maybe something is possible. But I just don’t see it.

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

From the tweet I shared last week...

So the 13th worst head coach in NFL history defeated the 7th worst coach in NFL history (going into this game).  A win is a win I suppose, but it's also all about perspective.  

We are bad, but the Aints are worse.  I'd like to think we laid some foundational blocks of momentum that will carry into future games, but I don't think we did.  We just beat a team that happens to somehow be worse than us.

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Facts yo!

28 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Just sounds like another guy in over his head.  I know he wants to believe he was going to inherit the reins and they wouldn't skip a beat, but anyone that watched his time in Oakland could see, he just doesn't have "it" as a head coach.

Also, interestingly enough, what I learned from that article was that was Ronald Curry who Jameis got into the spat with on their sideline.  Wow.  I was a huge Ronald Curry fan growing up...  I had no idea that was him when they showed him during the broadcast.  

Dude was an athlete…

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Dude was an athlete…

He definitely was.  And he played for the basketball team the same time Pep played both football and basketball...  Good times.  I remember us recruiting him out of VA as a two-sport guy, but I'd didn't keep uo heavy with that stuff then, I just knew the hype was he was one of the greatest athletes out of HS ever...  I still wish an NFL team would've given him a shot as a QB.  He ended up being a solid receiver despite the position change, but I think the achilles injury really derailed his pro career.  But man, he was fun to watch in college...  I used to trade for him in Madden Franchise and try to turn him into a star for the Panthers.😂

• Pie 3