• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule is right though, we are so freakin close, if Baker and this offense could just start clicking, we would be unstoppable.

panthersgreenville

I know, it’s a meme at this point, but if somehow, some way Baker could just snap out of this funk or whatever it is he is going through and start playing better and if Mcadoo can figure out some way to call better plays, we would be so damn unstoppable with this defense that we have. 

I will say that we do at least seem to fix glaring bad spots. The first two weeks we had a lot of fumbled snaps and a lot of batted passes, we seemed to fix those issues. 

I don’t know what it’s going to take, maybe Shinault will be that missing piece that jump starts is, because Baker and DJ Moore just don’t seem to click, if we can just get somewhat better at the passing game to go along with our stout running game les by CMC and our D keeps playing at this level, there is absolutely no reason for us to not be a contender.

Edited by panthersgreenville
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

So basically, if players play better, and coaches call better plays, the team will be better.

sounds reasonable to me.  

But for us in particular it’s the difference between bottom dwellers and contenders. Literally the only thing this team is missing is a passing game. 

special teams? Check. Great D? Check. Reliable kicker? Check. Stout and reliable running game? Check. 

we wouldn’t even need an elite passing game, if we could simply just become an average passing team, that would be enough with our D and run game. We don’t need baker to be Brady or rodgers, if he could simply be a Kirk Cousins, that’s all we would need from him.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

I know, it’s a meme at this point, but if somehow, some way Baker could just snap out of this funk or whatever it is he is going through and start playing better and if Mcadoo can figure out some way to call better plays, we would be so damn unstoppable with this defense that we have. 

I will say that we do at least seem to fix glaring bad spots. The first two weeks we had a lot of fumbled snaps and a lot of batted passes, we seemed to fix those issues. 

I don’t know what it’s going to take, maybe Shinault will be that missing piece that jump starts is, because Baker and DJ Moore just don’t seem to click, if we can just get somewhat better at the passing game to go along with our stout running game les by CMC and our D keeps playing at this level, there is absolutely no reason for us to not be a contender.

I hope so.  I'm not quite there with you, but I will say this: Baker has fans from Cleveland.  If this was his normal play, he would not have had ANY fans.  It would've been a universal "He's gotta go!" attitude.

Obviously, he's not looking like our answer at QB right now but I do expect that we'll see a better version of him.  Whether enough to move us to contender?  Like I say, I hope so but I'm not quite there yet.

• Beer 1