• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule is right though, we are so freakin close, if Baker and this offense could just start clicking, we would be unstoppable.

panthersgreenville

Panthers just played three teams so far that have shown horrible offensive execution in the games they played against Carolina.......

If Carolina is "close" at all ......then they are close to mediocre and that's it.

The kind of game they played against the Saint to win this past weekend would get them blasted out of the stadium at half time against a team that have a good offense.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The larger question is:  Are you sunshiners comfortable with Rhule/macadoo/fitts drafting and developing a rookie qb?  Because thats whats going to happen if he keeps his job. Let that sink in for a minute

Whoa, that's a scary thought right there.

Yeah, my biggest fear this year is making some kind of lucky run where Rhule and McAdoo keep their jobs. It doesn't take much to fool Tepper (obviously) so any kind of string of wins could do it. That would set this franchise back even more years.

Edited by Castavar

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s wild what one win will do for some of you lol. We literally had everything fall our way yesterday against Winston with a broken back, missing Michael thomas, Landry, and Taysom hill….yet we allowed them to keep it close. You won’t be able to keep many teams under the golden 17 points so we shall see. I still don’t see us winning more than 5 games total. Our offense is the worst (is not bottom 3) in the league. Same old song and dance with Rhule. Decent defense, horrible offense, 5 wins. Wash, rinse, repeat and collect that check 

I'm thrilled we won, but it's okay to acknowledge it took two low percentage plays (defensive touchdown, blocked kick) to win. Counting on those happening every week doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, trueblade said:

I'm thrilled we won, but it's okay to acknowledge it took two low percentage plays (defensive touchdown, blocked kick) to win. Counting on those happening every week doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation.

From everything I saw and read from the players the past week you just knew the defense was going to be on fire in the start of the game.  Couple that with a hurt Winston and it was a no brainer that we were going to "throttle" them.   I still dont know how it was as close as it was.  Credit to snow and the defense for having that intensity.   Is it sustainable?  Probably not but its probably good for another couple wins

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s wild what one win will do for some of you lol. We literally had everything fall our way yesterday against Winston with a broken back, missing Michael thomas, Landry, and Taysom hill….yet we allowed them to keep it close. You won’t be able to keep many teams under the golden 17 points so we shall see. I still don’t see us winning more than 5 games total. Our offense is the worst (is not bottom 3) in the league. Same old song and dance with Rhule. Decent defense, horrible offense, 5 wins. Wash, rinse, repeat and collect that check 

Lmao I can’t imagine choosing to be this miserable after our first win in 9 games but hey man do you. 

• Poo 1

seems like mayfield doesn't trust his receivers to be where they should be or maybe he doen't know where they should be in their routes...looks tentative when passing and waiting for someone to get wide open before chucking the ball.. then having a 350lb lineman on your azz a half second after the ball is snap hastens that... but the entire offense looks out of sync most plays.

2 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I know, it’s a meme at this point, but if somehow, some way Baker could just snap out of this funk or whatever it is he is going through and start playing better and if Mcadoo can figure out some way to call better plays, we would be so damn unstoppable with this defense that we have. 

I will say that we do at least seem to fix glaring bad spots. The first two weeks we had a lot of fumbled snaps and a lot of batted passes, we seemed to fix those issues. 

I don’t know what it’s going to take, maybe Shinault will be that missing piece that jump starts is, because Baker and DJ Moore just don’t seem to click, if we can just get somewhat better at the passing game to go along with our stout running game les by CMC and our D keeps playing at this level, there is absolutely no reason for us to not be a contender.

Meh....we will see when the good teams start rolling in. Unstoppable is quite a high bar.