• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me some hope. Can this offense be turned around?

Khaki Lackey

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats not who he fundamentally is.  Historically he has been a qb that likes to roll out.  I only saw it once yesterday but 2x last week where he scrambles and rolls out then tries to do a stutterstep where he completely stops and then tries to fake the defender.  He is not athletic enough to do this and he is going to get decapitated if it continues.  Once a defender realizes what happens he is just going to missile into him when he tries it

That's a habit he needs to break or tone down a little bit which I know is a big ask. I also cringe when he does his backyard juke because it looks like slow motion in the NFL lol.

Baker is terrible. Sam is terrible. Even with Sam at QB and CMC and Horn injured we won 5 games. It's very unlikely that the Panthers will win less than 5 games this season. The Panthers can beat the Saints again, and sweep the Falcons. Then comes a few fluke wins, or wins where the other team had key injuries. The floor for this team is 5 wins imo.

Here is your answer as to if we can turn this around, and it's in the form of a question. Do you think that McAdoo is an offensive genius?

• Beer 1

To respond to the OP, absolutely.  The good news is that the defense has been solid, so the offense doesn't need to be lights out.  It just needs to improve.  IMO Baker is starting to settle down a bit, but he'll have to prove it next week.  The line also seems to be getting better, and could be that Baker is starting to trust them more.  McCaffrey is healthy, and Shenault was a revelation this week.  I expect the Panthers offense to take big steps forward in the next 2 weeks.  If they don't, I'll have a completely different answer for you.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Both McAdoo and baker are puzzling 

there is no  rhythm and from baker’s body language, no confidence 

he does not look like the guy I saw play at Oklahoma or even Cleveland.  

panthers have positive yards running and McAdoo refuses to call it consistently 

panthers have a big, strong backup RB.  They refuse to play him 

the same mistakes happen with baker over and over and over again with his pocket awareness and not going through possessions  he seems to create his own sacks and his accuracy is terrible   Do we not have a qb coach ?

when he does get the ball to the target, drops, or, they are covered 

It is the worst looking offense in the league and it is just mind boggling   It should not be

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mage said:

We played 3 bad teams with 3 bad QBs and only scored 5 offensive touchdowns in said games.  Mayfield barely completed 50% of his passes against bad defenses.  Mayfield has 42 completions to 9 sacks and 5 fumbles/botched snaps.  McCaffrey has 10 receptions for 57 yards through 3 games against said defenses.  Moore doesn't even have 100 yards on the season and has caught 7 passes at a dismal 38.9 target %, largely because Mayfield blows.

Think about that for a second.  Mayfield has a combined 14 sacks/fumbles.  Moore/McCaffrey have a combined 17 receptions.  Through 3 games, we have just as much of a chance as seeing a sack or a fumble as we do Moore and McCaffrey getting the ball in the pass game. 

There is no hope.

3 bad teams 3 bad QBS?? When was Baker on the field facing those QBS??

Or should we be looking at the defenses he's faced and not the QBS..

This seems like a bad narrative to me..

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Unlike all the crybabies that want us to lose so that they can write juvenile open letters to David Tepper, I'm trying to remain hopeful here.

Can our offense turn it around? Can the OL gel? Can Baker get it together? Give me a few reasons to think it's a possibility.

Also, is Darnold still alive? Is he even on the sidelines? 

Bonus points if you can explain to me why our secondary sucks and is reverting to a Rivera soft zone.

Come down off the cross, dude. We need the wood 😐

Nobody is "hoping to lose". What's understood is that if Matt Rhule remains the head coach, we're going to lose. People want Rhule fired so that we can have an actual chance of winning again.

It's not really that difficult to understand.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Come down off the cross, dude. We need the wood 😐

Nobody is "hoping to lose". What's understood is that if Matt Rhule remains the head coach, we're going to lose. People want Rhule fired so that we can have an actual chance of winning again.

It's not really that difficult to understand.

He's not getting fired this week so what's the plan?? Not root for the team until it happens??

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He's not getting fired this week so what's the plan?? Not root for the team until it happens??

Endure...

alfred-explains-to-bruce-that-some-peopl

Weather the storm until the inevitable change is made, same as has been done under prior leaders who weren't getting it done.

It's definitely better than trying to fool myself into thinking that Matt Rhule is somehow going to magically turn into something he isn't.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Endure...

alfred-explains-to-bruce-that-some-peopl

Weather the storm until the inevitable change is made, same as has been done under prior leaders who weren't getting it done.

It's definitely better than trying to fool myself into thinking that Matt Rhule is somehow going to magically turn into something he isn't.

I can not believe in Rhule but still have hope that the team has success.. Or openly root for the team to fail.. That's the differences.. Enduring can still be used in a way to not be constantly shitting on others parades..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1