• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Shenault get more playing time?

YourLastThought

Probably some.   But not a lot.  You have to scheme him up.   And I’d rather them scheme up CMC or DJ.  

I think the Panthers should be rotating a lot more WRs in.  Outside of DJ, nobody else is good enough to demand a lions-share of snaps.  Robbie should have his cut for Higgins, Shenault and I still think they should have TMJ getting more work. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

After watching some film study of the offense. I blame it on the sorry as routes. There isn't any sharp cuts in their routes. Nothing to create separation. Just alot of strength routes, which the DBs can run with them. 

The routes are horrible and long developing garbage for the most part

6 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

After watching some film study of the offense. I blame it on the sorry as routes. There isn't any sharp cuts in their routes. Nothing to create separation. Just alot of strength routes, which the DBs can run with them. 

...they look like lazy practice routes....unless they're trying to set up a DB...but no bodies azz ever seems open.....you know...like I see with other teams...

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Probably some.   But not a lot.  You have to scheme him up.   And I’d rather them scheme up CMC or DJ.  

I think the Panthers should be rotating a lot more WRs in.  Outside of DJ, nobody else is good enough to demand a lions-share of snaps.  Robbie should have his cut for Higgins, Shenault and I still think they should have TMJ getting more work. 

This is what most people don't get.  The underlying question is whose snaps is Shenault going to take.  Uh, a little off the top of almost everybody, which keeps WRs fresher, and keeps the defense adjusting because he is very different from our other receivers. 

Well he’s a good player and puts in a lot of work. But we need to get other receivers involved. And we need to run the ball because those other teams in the playoffs run the ball and pass the ball too. So I think he needs to take advantage of his opportunities and be prepared to play even tho he’s not gonna get opportunities and we’re not gonna play him.  

it’s a process and it’s working.  Trust me. 

21 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Definitely why would we bench our most productive WR this season lol crazy the hate Robbie gets. Shi this year is our weakest link easy answer on who to bench for now.

Shi Smith is like a video game WR that has a lot of speed and you can build his other attributes up because he is always open. In real life though, it does not compute across the board and its nothing but a bunch of drops and terrible routes.

Also, the Robbie hate is not crazy. He is a malcontent pouter who wishes he could carry Ted Ginn's jock. He has super mediocre route skills and suspect hands as well as being one of the worst blocking WRs to step on the field. He may be our most productive WR, but that ain't hard to be right now. Let's not forget how many times Baker missed DJ this weekend.