• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best/worst PFF grades from Week 3

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s assume that Campen is making the decisions… when in reality… history tells us that position coaches don’t set the starting lineup.

You’re opinion isn’t based on anything at all as where mine is coming from 1) the head coach giving an interview a month ago and telling us what the starting lineup would be while also praising Cam Erving (maybe go look that interview up) and 2) the widely accepted fact that head coaches set their lineups.

Campen isn’t even the associate head coach like he was in Cleveland, just the OL coach.

Based on what?? 

What NFL team did you work for ?? You’re saying a lot of unprovable facts ..

When has it been a thing that NFL oline coaches have no power in deciding who plays or who starts on the OLine they coach??

example Bill Belchicek had a OLine Coach for years Ernie  Sacrnecchia.. Who had full control of the Patriot’s Oline.. Look it up..

Your whole reasoning is stupid .. Based on a interview (where Campen was actual a member of the coaching staff) just because Rhule name his starters it meant he never talked to campen or Campen didn’t have any influence?? What?? Rhule Prasied Eriving so Campen had no influence on the Oline?? What?? 

Wait I forgot The Known fact “That HC set Their starting Lineups without listening or input from their coaches, Scouting Staff, GM, or Owners”…

Are these your Facts??lol

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Do you have any suggestions on how we might change this?  Pointing fingers and complaining is childish

With the line overall? There's no magic fix this season we have made mistakes along the way that have exacerbated these issues. In the offseason we need to target our next young C in the draft and pair him with Icky and Moton while they are all still young.

• Beer 1

Literally the only way you can use a interview or some fake tradition of Oline coaches not having input on Oline decision.. Is if Rhule made his starting Oline comments before Campen was here..

The only way your opinion could be seen as facts is if Rhule and Campen never talked before that interview.. 

You understand that right?

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

With the line overall? There's no magic fix this season we have made mistakes along the way that have exacerbated these issues. In the offseason we need to target our next young C in the draft and pair him with Icky and Moton while they are all still young.

LOL…no one knows what is available or happens next offseason.  Live in the now man.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

LOL…no one knows what is available or happens next offseason.  Live in the now man.

Weird condescending response when considering you spend the bulk of your time here griping that all anyone posts is negativity that isn’t constructive. Don't complain about the content here anymore then if you're going to be a hypocrite.

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Based on what?? 

What NFL team did you work for ?? You’re saying a lot of unprovable facts ..

When has it been a thing that NFL oline coaches have no power in deciding who plays or who starts on the OLine they coach??

example Bill Belchicek had a OLine Coach for years Ernie  Sacrnecchia.. Who had full control of the Patriot’s Oline.. Look it up..

Your whole reasoning is stupid .. Based on a interview (where Campen was actual a member of the coaching staff) just because Rhule name his starters it meant he never talked to campen or Campen didn’t have any influence?? What?? Rhule Prasied Eriving so Campen had no influence on the Oline?? What?? 

Wait I forgot The Known fact “That HC set Their starting Lineups without listening or input from their coaches, Scouting Staff, GM, or Owners”…

Are these your Facts??lol

One of us at the very least worked for a college football team and one of the coaches on that staff is now with the Panthers… furthermore many of the coaches on that staff had NFL playing or coaching experience… not one of them was ever given control over personnel decisions… while that wasn’t the NFL by any stretch… I’d take my experience over your opinion any day.

It has always been a formality that head coaches have the ultimate control over the roster and they dictate who starts… while else would you even need a head coach?

I mean congratulations, you listed one position coach in the entire history of the NFL that may or may not have had control over their positional group. I could not verify it, so please feel free to send me a link.

In the meantime, maybe you should look up an NFL head coach’s responsibilities, roster and personnel decisions will be at the top of the list.

Nice back peddle, no where did I say that Campen didn’t have input. I explicitly stated he did. But Rhule makes the ultimate call… that’s why in his press conference, he didn’t say, let me get with Campen and discuss… no, he flat out said who the starters were and who he’s been impressed with (Erving)…  jog my memory, who are the current starters? Also, did Erving make the team? Sure seems like HC Matt Rhule doesn’t have to defer to anyone.

Hell, this article (https://www.nfl.com/_amp/panthers-owner-david-tepper-expected-to-be-patient-with-head-coach-matt-rhule-as) was just posted a couple of days ago and reiterates the fact that Rhule was given full control over the roster… you think that Rhule has full control over the roster yet he doesn’t pick who starts? Get a grip.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Weird condescending response when considering you spend the bulk of your time here griping that all anyone posts is negativity that isn’t constructive. Don't complain about the content here anymore then if you're going to be a hypocrite.

What?  Seriously questioning your intelligence now.  Don’t let me derail your constant negativity now.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

What?  Seriously questioning your intelligence now.  Don’t let me derail your constant negativity now.

We had a bottom two oline last season it was never going to suddenly make a jump to top ten or even top 15 in just one season. We could have and should have been investing more draft picks in the oline early but instead our first order of business with a new head coach who was supposed to swing the pendelum to the offensive side of the ball was an all defense draft and we are now lucky to stop the run at all despite those resources being used. I'm sorry if you perceive having to face reality as "negativity" but that's life.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

@MillionDollarCam Again While I think Bozeman could be better I’ll trust in the judgement of the coach that was hired to decided that.. 20+ years of experience has to mean more then GM’ing from a couch..

Campen has not held a gig for more than year over the last half decade.  

he is like McAdoo in some ways.  Specifically, it is a hard sell that a hot seat micromanager HC is going to let coaches he doesn’t really know….do whatever they want. 

I’m sure Rhule’s thumbprint continues to be all over every aspect of this team.  Which has been the reporting on Rhule.