• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What sort of offense are we running?

Mr. Scot

There are a couple things this offense is missing that are pretty easy fixes. 

CMC option routes. These would help baker so much. They are quick developing and big plays can come from them. 

Deep Shots:  probably more an indicator of the lack of trust in the oline but we need to start taking some over the top shots. 

Ricci:  he needs to get more action in the passing game. Playaction plays to him in the flat would be a good look for him. 

I know they dumped the RPO this last game and it was 80% of the O the first 2. 

I dont have a good feel what Benny boy is trying/doing....I know some of his background via GB, NYG, and dallas.....

Look around the league and around half the league is a struggle city on O. Most of us have seen the first three games, and guess what 20.7 is good for the 12th rank......NFL has sucked for points this year thus far...indy is at 13.3.....weird

Does this metric account for time added through scrambling, roll-outs, and extending the play? 

Seems that the clean pocket time referenced against timing in vacating the pocket would be more telling where that time is coming from - good or bad protection, Mayfield's necessary scrambling vs premature bailing, and so on. 

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

FB_IMG_1664318030424.jpg

47 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I know they dumped the RPO this last game and it was 80% of the O the first 2. 

I dont have a good feel what Benny boy is trying/doing....I know some of his background via GB, NYG, and dallas.....

Look around the league and around half the league is a struggle city on O. Most of us have seen the first three games, and guess what 20.7 is good for the 12th rank......NFL has sucked for points this year thus far...indy is at 13.3.....weird

We are struggling to move the ball though.   We are 30th in O right now.  And our yards per game at this rate would have finished 32nd last year.   Even worse than the Sam season. 

got the freaking Jags averaging 100 more yards a game than us. 

we have a coaching problem in Carolina 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

We are struggling to move the ball though.   We are 30th in O right now.  And our yards per game at this rate would have finished 32nd last year.   Even worse than the Sam season. 

got the freaking Jags averaging 100 more yards a game than us. 

we have a coaching problem in Carolina 

No question there are clear issues with the passing O. The  D passing, D running(checkout those first 3 RBs.....need a break PLS), STs all areas, and O running.......decent enough and good enough. The lone single issue is passing. Great thing they have DJ, anderson, and CMC....if there was a serve lack of talent...Id be more worried. 

Plus I know my focus can only be panthers, Ive been shocked at the scores on the ticker across the bottom watching panthers game. They are not alone in o struggles, again about half the league is currently.....

Do for sure need more plays too, I think they averaging 55??? You need close to 70, imo. But mainly score and limit TOs, the other stuff is far behind those two..

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

There's been a lot of commentary from local media analysts about the lack of motion in our offense. It seems to be a surprise to them.  If you look back at the Giants when he was OC you don't see it either. Did anyone consider looking at his tendencies and scheme?

https://youtu.be/flOz0SUT6DY

Back when Matt Rhule wasn’t deemed a lameduck/hotseat/bad coach….Rhule didn’t even think McAdoo was good enough to be his QB coach. 

reality is, when Rhule went OC searching, no one good would want to come for what looked like a one year gig for a bad coach/team. 

we hired a bad OC because we couldn’t get a good one. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

There's been a lot of commentary from local media analysts about the lack of motion in our offense. It seems to be a surprise to them.  If you look back at the Giants when he was OC you don't see it either. Did anyone consider looking at his tendencies and scheme?

https://youtu.be/flOz0SUT6DY

Motion is on the quarterback used primarily to identify Man or Zone. If Baker already know weather its man or zone then no need to motion

Edited by SammyFranchise

20 minutes ago, SammyFranchise said:

Motion is on the quarterback used primarily to identify Man or Zone. If Baker already know weather its man or zone then no need to motion

Motion is also used to cause extra steps for the defense. It adds to the probability of a miscommunication. 

Anything you can do to make a defender think is a plus. You want to create uncertainty and discomfort. If they have to process and think, it slows their reaction. Even at this level. 

And if you can create just one miscommunication, it could lead to a blown play, and 6 fuging points.