• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict: Which Week Sam Darnold will be inserted Starter by?

SammyFranchise

Predict Which Week Sam Darnold will get his first Start  

79 members have voted

1. 1. When will Sam make his first start?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week9+ or Later
    • Never! Baker will start the entire season regardless how trash he is.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2022 at 06:18 AM

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Depends on the way you look at it.  If you compare 2021 Darnold Weeks 1-3 vs. 2022 Baker Weeks 1-3, Darnold was better and it's not even close.  The problem is that Darnold fell off a cliff shortly after, presumably in part as teams adjusted to his tape.  We really can't afford for Baker to get any worse, we have to hope he inversely improves significantly as the season goes on where Darnold crumbled. 

I do think Baker has the mental fortitude to overcome early struggles and keep his poise, whereas Darnold just seemed to too often go into panic mode and snowball if things went wrong.

I get it, one can't start and one can't finish.

Two QB system, Sam 1&2 quarters, Baker 3&4 quarters since he doesn't show up till the 3rd anyways.

• Pie 1

I mean let’s be real, if Sam starts without injury being the cause….Rhule has got to be gone.  Rhule gone.  McAdoo gone.  Snow gone.  Sam gone.  Baker gone.  I mean in what world could Rhule go to Sam and it not be the end of the Rhule era.  They all will be gone at the end of the season.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean let’s be real, if Sam starts without injury being the cause….Rhule has got to be gone.  Rhule gone.  McAdoo gone.  Snow gone.  Sam gone.  Baker gone.  I mean in what world could Rhule go to Sam and it not be the end of the Rhule era.  They all will be gone at the end of the season.  

Newsflash: if Rhule doesnt win this year he is getting fired regardless who is at QB. if the Panthers start off 1-5 you think Rhule is going to sit on his ass and let Baker continue to be Trash? 

You think the Panthers are willingly to give up a 4th round pick for trash play? 

If Baker doesnt improve drastically he is getting benched because the Panthers arent going to give up those assets period.

8 minutes ago, SammyFranchise said:

Newsflash: if Rhule doesnt win this year he is getting fired regardless who is at QB. if the Panthers start off 1-5 you think Rhule is going to sit on his ass and let Baker continue to be Trash? 

You think the Panthers are willingly to give up a 4th round pick for trash play? 

If Baker doesnt improve drastically he is getting benched because the Panthers arent going to give up those assets period.

Newsflash.  If we are 1-5?  We aren’t going to win by then inserting Sam Darnold.   An even worse QB than Baker.  

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Newsflash.  If we are 1-5?  We aren’t going to win by then inserting Sam Darnold.   An even worse QB than Baker.  

Not to mention that at that point Rhule doesn't care about whether the draft pick traded for Mayfield winds up being a 5th, 4th, or 1st.  He has not given any indication he cares about the draft picks regardless of record, so why would he if he thinks he is on his way out the door?

Right now, Darnold is out of sight and Rhule is probably hoping everybody forgets about him.  It's hard to see a scenario where he brings that sore subject up again, unless he is delusional enough to think that somehow, despite showing four years of poor decision making leading to turnovers, he is somehow going to be decent because of "the process."  In Rhule's world, that is not out of the question, but in reality, it is.

If Mayfield continues to play badly for a few more games he probably should be benched. 

Either Darnold comes in a plays well, or the time on the bench (and the realization he got benched for Sam Darnold) forces Mayfield to snap out of whatever malaise he's in and comes back off the bench with some urgency and attitude, which he seems to have lost. 

If Mayfield is in his head and feeling the weight of the franchise, the season, and his career as a starter on his shoulders, and he can't figure it out and continues to play worse than he did in Cleveland, it may be the only way to salvage his play, and have him ready for Darnold's eventual meltdown. 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, BrianS said:

The second worst thing that happened in our entire offseason was Matt Corral getting injured.  I dunno if he's the answer or not, but I sure would have liked to have found out.  After Baker, he's the only QB on the roster we don't know enough about.

We wouldn't have found out because Rhule wouldn't have played him.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1