• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the Laviska Shenault Jr trade already paid for itself?

micnificent28

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Trevor didn’t have guys that could run routes and get open last year.  Shenault can’t do that.  

and they already got a RB/WR behind James Robinson they are developing in Etienne. 

it made sense the Jags didn’t want him. 

Shenault did great Sunday on a screen that the Saints frankly probably weren’t ready for. But I think it is unrealistic to think he will be to us what Patterson turned it for Atlanta.  Patterson was more freakish to begin with 

I mean, people are acting like the guy was completely invisible his first 2 years with the Jags. With some of the talk about him you would think he had 15 catches for 250 yards.  His only 2 seasons in the NFL hes gone over 600 yards receiving both years, with around 60 catches both seasons.

2020 - 58 receptions, 600 yards, 5 TDs

2021 - 63 receptions, 619 yards, 0 TDs (already did better than that here on 2 catches)

He has shown he can get catches and be a productive member of an offense.  I think he could do the same type of things here. 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, frankw said:

I take it you're satisfied with the return on the investment of that contract so far?

Cool Cool Cool Community GIF

No, but you guys trying to act like that's all on Robbie are off base. He didn't forget how to play when he moved to Charlotte. As a matter of fact, his career was rather remarkable until he got here and absorbed in the suckage. He'd have been better off going somewhere else, and we could have easily just had a bunch of retreads on our WR corps for all the good the OCs (and QBs really) have been during the Rhule era.

4 hours ago, joemac said:

I mean, people are acting like the guy was completely invisible his first 2 years with the Jags. With some of the talk about him you would think he had 15 catches for 250 yards.  His only 2 seasons in the NFL hes gone over 600 yards receiving both years, with around 60 catches both seasons.

2020 - 58 receptions, 600 yards, 5 TDs

2021 - 63 receptions, 619 yards, 0 TDs (already did better than that here on 2 catches)

He has shown he can get catches and be a productive member of an offense.  I think he could do the same type of things here. 

Should I pick him up in fantasy as a fill-in?

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Should I pick him up in fantasy as a fill-in?

Ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far right now, unless you are just really down bad in the WR department.  I'd give it another couple weeks to see how they integrate and use him in the offense going forward. 

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far right now, unless you are just really down bad in the WR department.  I'd give it another couple weeks to see how they integrate and use him in the offense going forward. 

Michael Thomas  and Chris Godwin are highly questionable. Sammy Watkins is on IR and Nuk is suspended. I only have 3 healthy receivers and Robbie is one of them (SMDH). Tyreek Hill is the only halfway valid receiver I have. George Pickens is a prayer. I'm dropping Breshad Perriman and might drop Robbie. I'm scouring the wire of course. LOL

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, but you guys trying to act like that's all on Robbie are off base. He didn't forget how to play when he moved to Charlotte. As a matter of fact, his career was rather remarkable until he got here and absorbed in the suckage. He'd have been better off going somewhere else, and we could have easily just had a bunch of retreads on our WR corps for all the good the OCs (and QBs really) have been during the Rhule era.

Oh no don't get me wrong this offense has had coaching inadequacies for some time now. Even Teddy B called them out for their foolishness and he's since been vindicated. Idk if I would go that far what we were expecting from him was a very solid #2 with speed to take the top off on defenses. But he's got a lot of making up to do for those killer drops last season I'll be the first to say Sam is terrible and not a starter but to have a receiver drop that many passes is wild. I hope we see more of him I'm ready to have a real passing offense again. I'm not putting it all on Robbie though because he isn't the only who has been up and down at the end of the day it's on the staff to put this WR group in position to succeed. If we can do that with Shenault there's no reason we can't for the others.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You'd be nuts to have any Panthers WR at this point. The only way that makes sense is a longer term gamble that we will get our issues worked out in the passing game.

That's a luxury for someone with a deep roster at WR.

Or one thin due to injury (look up a couple of posts). LOL 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Or one thin due to injury (look up a couple of posts). LOL 

No, that's exactly what I mean. I wouldn't make a gamble on a WR for a team that has a bottom 5 passing offense. Too much risk. 

Better off doing the high flying offense/lower usage WR, injury replacement or match up opportunity gambles. 

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You'd be nuts to have any Panthers WR at this point. The only way that makes sense is a longer term gamble that we will get our issues worked out in the passing game.

That's a luxury for someone with a deep roster at WR.

DJ Moore had been money for me in fantasy the two years prior but this year is dildos. I'm disappointed in some of his effort as has been discussed but I am putting this 70/30 or 80/20 on the scheme and playcalling McAdoo has to figure it out or hit the bricks.

• Beer 1