• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the Laviska Shenault Jr trade already paid for itself?

micnificent28

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Shenault can’t get open and run actual routes though.   He is more football player than WR. 

DJ is twice the WR Shenault actually is. 

agreed. we saw that on the first play the tried to get him the ball and the linebacker was just drapped on him. you will have to scheme him the ball. he wont be able to seperate on his own. weapon once the ball is in his hands tho.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

agreed. we saw that on the first play the tried to get him the ball and the linebacker was just drapped on him. you will have to scheme him the ball. he wont be able to seperate on his own. weapon once the ball is in his hands tho.

That may be the fly in the ointment.  His two catches Sunday are exactly the kind of plays that will make him a threat. 

I'm not going to throw in the towel on McAdoo, yet, but the returns thus far look like if he figures out he needs to scheme Shenault open, Shenault will not be put in a position to be open.  We seem to spend a lot of time trying to swim upstream, at least thus far.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Smithers said:

Said it Sunday, I’ll say it again.  He is the best WR on our roster right now.  Robby sucks, and DJ doesn’t even try

If Robbie sucks, then DJ sucks. He's supposed to be our number one option. 

Shenault is a role player, with great potential as a mismatch if used properly. He isn't a go-to receiver.

Edited by top dawg

Again 6th and 7th, dont even make most teams......example this year Barns was cut......now-a-days starting in the late 5th, just no more diamonds. Scouting has improved across the league, even the beaguals are decent at it now. 

Worth a gamble for the 42th player taken in the 2020 draft.... My only issue was Doug pederson dumped him and hes got the jags looking not like the jags... If he can not find a way to impact the O, wellllll..... Now 3 weeks into this, not looking bad, he was the difference in that win even with only being in on 10 plays. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Again 6th and 7th, dont even make most teams......example this year Barns was cut......now-a-days starting in the late 5th, just no more diamonds. Scouting has improved across the league, even the beaguals are decent at it now. 

Worth a gamble for the 42th player taken in the 2020 draft.... My only issue was Doug pederson dumped him and hes got the jags looking not like the jags... If he can not find a way to impact the O, wellllll..... Now 3 weeks into this, not looking bad, he was the difference in that win even with only being in on 10 plays. 

Trevor didn’t have guys that could run routes and get open last year.  Shenault can’t do that.  

and they already got a RB/WR behind James Robinson they are developing in Etienne. 

it made sense the Jags didn’t want him. 

Shenault did great Sunday on a screen that the Saints frankly probably weren’t ready for. But I think it is unrealistic to think he will be to us what Patterson turned it for Atlanta.  Patterson was more freakish to begin with 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trevor didn’t have guys that could run routes and get open last year.  Shenault can’t do that.  

and they already got a RB/WR behind James Robinson behind Robinson they are developing in Etienne. 

it made sense the Jags didn’t want him. 

Shenault did great Sunday on a screen that the Saints frankly probably weren’t ready for. But I think it is unrealistic to think he will be to us what Patterson turned it for Atlanta 

Dang what a player patterson has become laaaatttte into career. Plus I no longer think the failcons are the worst team, theyve been a tough game each of the past 3 weeks. They are playing much better than I thought possible.  

The iiants looked like they were playing in the old pro bowl and expected shenault to go out of bounds. It got a yell out of me when he turned up field and made the honey badger wiff....I have not seen that in a while either... It was a relief TD too, man was it needed with the D playing lock-out ball. 

My favorite part of his game is not even being talked about, this guy WILL BLOCK you, soooo rare for a WR. On a couple of those good CMC runs, Shenault was out there looking like a bigger smitty blocking....

Edited by Basbear

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Dang what a player patterson has become laaaatttte into career. Plus I no longer think the failcons are the worst team, theyve been a tough game each of the past 3 weeks. They are playing much better than I thought possible.  

The iiants looked like they were playing in the old pro bowl and expected shenault to go out of bounds. It got a yell out of me when he turned up field and made the honey badger wiff....I have not seen that in a while either... It was a relief TD too, man was it needed with the D playing lock-out ball. 

My favorite part of his game is not even being talked about, this guy WILL BLOCK you, soooo rare for a WR. On a couple of those good CMC runs, Shenault was out there looking like a bigger smitty blocking....

Patterson was a freak though. 4 time all pro and all decade team and that was before Atlanta figured out how to use him. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

Said it Sunday, I’ll say it again.  He is the best WR on our roster right now.  Robby sucks, and DJ doesn’t even try

I think Robby and DJ are both capable WR’s. They’ve proven that. It’s Mcadoo’s offensive scheme imo. I’ve never seen such bland and non creative play calling. But I do wanna see Shenault more. Wish we’d use him coming out of the backfield like the Rams do with Kupp, 49ers with Debo

• Pie 1