• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the Laviska Shenault Jr trade already paid for itself?

micnificent28

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

DJ Moore had been money for me in fantasy the two years prior but this year is dildos. I'm disappointed in some of his effort as has been discussed but I am putting this 70/30 or 80/20 on the scheme and playcalling McAdoo has to figure it out or hit the bricks.

Yeah, the Panthers just don't have good fantasy players so far. The odds of that getting better aren't great. Just a completely dysfunctional looking offense.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No, that's exactly what I mean. I wouldn't make a gamble on a WR for a team that has a bottom 5 passing offense. Too much risk. 

Better off doing the high flying offense/lower usage WR, injury replacement or match up opportunity gambles. 

Not trying to jack the thread, but seeing is believing...my problem. Because we have three WR spots, atwo TE spots and a flex WR/TE spot, the waiver wire is brutal. I just have to make dart throws.  I have two spots to fill. I can do Logan Thomas if I have to in the flex, but that still leaves only Hill and Pickens, with one spot to fill. 1609607380_Screenshot_20220928-124324_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.0a3a3080f4c2cac2809491e917d33117.jpg

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not trying to jack the thread, but seeing is believing...my problem. Because we have three WR spots, atwo TE spots and a flex WR/TE spot, the waiver wire is brutal. I just have to make dart throws.  I have two spots to fill. I can do Logan Thomas if I have to in the flex, but that still leaves only Hill and Pickens, with one spot to fill. 1609607380_Screenshot_20220928-124324_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.0a3a3080f4c2cac2809491e917d33117.jpg

3 WR, 2 TE AND a Flex?? JFC. That is brutal.

Yeah, I mean in that scenario, it's just largely blind gambling. Pick someone that is in the top 4 WR's on a decent offense ans hope for the best. Maybe look at utilization rates vs. production and see if there is something that doesn't quite match up that could change.

8 hours ago, joemac said:

I mean, people are acting like the guy was completely invisible his first 2 years with the Jags. With some of the talk about him you would think he had 15 catches for 250 yards.  His only 2 seasons in the NFL hes gone over 600 yards receiving both years, with around 60 catches both seasons.

2020 - 58 receptions, 600 yards, 5 TDs

2021 - 63 receptions, 619 yards, 0 TDs (already did better than that here on 2 catches)

He has shown he can get catches and be a productive member of an offense.  I think he could do the same type of things here. 

619 yards, 0 TDs off of 100 targets isn’t good.     

and him not being able to run routes well and get open is what landed him here.  It’s isn’t a huddle creation. 

he seems like a fine football player.  Weak WR.   It’s why you have to scheme the ball in his hands.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

619 yards, 0 TDs off of 100 targets isn’t good.     

and him not being able to run routes well and get open is what landed him here.  It’s isn’t a huddle creation. 

he seems like a fine football player.  Weak WR.   It’s why you have to scheme the ball in his hands.  

Yeah, the entire Jags organization was a complete mess last year, awful coach, and a rookie QB.  The year before that he had 5 TDs, and hes already scored here on 2 catches.  And 60 catches and 600 yards doesn't put him in the "weak" category to me.  He's a good 2 or 3 WR, which is exactly what he will be here. 

56 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, the entire Jags organization was a complete mess last year, awful coach, and a rookie QB.  The year before that he had 5 TDs, and hes already scored here on 2 catches.  And 60 catches and 600 yards doesn't put him in the "weak" category to me.  He's a good 2 or 3 WR, which is exactly what he will be here. 

Production relative to your targets matters.  

and as you said the Jags were a mess and now have a good HC.  And that good HC didn’t want him.  And now the pass game in Jacksonville is working with different bodies. If he was a good 2 he would be in Jacksonville and not depth on the Panthers. 

there are a lot of good football players that are weak NFL WRs.  Atlanta has one.  He is a great football player.  And that is what Atl asked him to do.   Not be a true WR.   And it works. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

Production relative to your targets matters.  

and as you said the Jags were a mess and now have a good HC.  And that good HC didn’t want him.  And now the pass game in Jacksonville is working with different bodies. If he was a good 2 He would be in Jacksonville and not depth on the Panthers. 

there are a lot of good football players that are weak NFL WRs.  Atlanta has one.  He is a great football player.  And that is what Atl asked him to do.   Not be a true WR.   And it works. 

i mean its not rocket science. guy ran a 4.6 and is heavy. i dont imagine him shaking any corners off their coverage or blowing the top of any defenses. but 4.6 is adequate with his size in contact 1 on 1 situation. hes built for contact. personally he should be our number 2 rb. 

• Poo 1