• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers O line is top 10 per ESPN

Luciu5

18 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

If Baker keeps performing like this a few games down the line, it isn’t silly to consider moving to Darnold. 

Darnold with a decent line might be the 25th best QB instead of the 32nd. 

And I know he is “worse with time to throw” but I do think having no time in his career broke him. 

Baker (and I think McAdoo even more so) is unbearable to watch right now. 

McAdoo not knowing how to scheme the weapons we have is brutal to watch. 

Man this offense is sad. 

If you already knew Baker was going to crash out without superior pieces around him it's even more agonizing.

Frankly, I really don't think he would play any better than he already is. He looks like he's sedated, no desire, no heart.

Edited by rippadonn

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow some made up stat and data manipulation created by ESPN so they can build their own content. Does the panthers OL pass the eye test? Nope! 
DL sure as hell don’t 

Both the D Line and O Line have been pretty damn good the last 2 weeks.  Week 1 was a struggle. Have we all been watching the same games?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

On a positive note, it’s fantastic to see decent results from our line, especially knowing that we will get better with time as this unit gels and the young guys get more experience. 

what's impressive is that with a new oc and scheme, rookie LT, 2nd year LG,  and new RG,  they may have gelled in only 3 games.  We'll see, but they got it together for the supposedly fearsome Saints defense, and should only get better.

I was pissed Elf was starting over our new guy, but maybe his struggle last year were not helped by having such crap guards around him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sometimes a bad QB, one that isn't going through reads, one who doesn't step up in the pocket, one who has 0 lateral pocket movement, one who is looking for rushers instead of looking down field, one who runs to the sidelines instead of forward to move the chains, makes the line look bad.

Fear is a b*tch.

Sorry but Sam with all his flaws, plays with more heart, is a better runner( but shouldn't) and is technically more sound. He's not top ten but his problems don't include size, or heart or desire.

Sam looked much better than Baker in camp but it was obviously Baker's job before that fhulishness about "a competition" came out of Fhules mouth.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Wow. It's early yet but those are very impressive.

They are getting better each week. The campy effect has had the biggest change on ELF. Christ looking great despite his limited LG reps. Baker needs to trust them more. Depth still looks great and has not been needed. I mean the worst OLman thus far is Moton and he played much better against the iants..

This is one of my predictions thats looking correct thus far...

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

No GM who gave a up 2nd and a 4th for Sam Darnold gets to be called great. That's a deep hole to dig out of.

head honcho Rhule- "Finesserererrer I need you to trade for Sam "the savior" darnold

Fitt- "I called the jetts GM and hes wants too much for his rights, either 3rd this year or future 2nd plus MORE"

Rhule- "I'l be big pimpin, spending cheese, so getts it done!!"

Fitt-43-432549_okay-face-png-troll-face-okay-meme-face.thumb.png.7e37372ce2fbb6e6d854710ce992832f.png