• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers O line is top 10 per ESPN

Luciu5

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

head honcho Rhule- "Finesserererrer I need you to trade for Sam "the savior" darnold

Fitt- "I called the jetts GM and hes wants too much for his rights, either 3rd this year or future 2nd plus MORE"

Rhule- "I'l be big pimpin, spending cheese, so getts it done!!"

Fitt-43-432549_okay-face-png-troll-face-okay-meme-face.thumb.png.7e37372ce2fbb6e6d854710ce992832f.png

Unfortunately, we probably won't know how it really went down until well after both Rhule and Fit are gone, and maybe not even then.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

head honcho Rhule- "Finesserererrer I need you to trade for Sam "the savior" darnold

Fitt- "I called the jetts GM and hes wants too much for his rights, either 3rd this year or future 2nd plus MORE"

Rhule- "I'l be big pimpin, spending cheese, so getts it done!!"

Fitt-43-432549_okay-face-png-troll-face-okay-meme-face.thumb.png.7e37372ce2fbb6e6d854710ce992832f.png

Yeah we need a GM with more of a spine. 

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Unfortunately, we probably won't know how it really went down until well after both Rhule and Fit are gone, and maybe not even then.

I did see/hear Finesserererer on camera say he " Really like Sams evaluation coming out of college"...... Of course after the fact. I also member when the panthers were searching for QBs and stafford was in bunch, Rhule said his BFF snow compared Darnold to Stafford....I believe this is word for word quote - "He reminds of us of a young Stafford when looking at this tape..". 

It feels like the Sam Darnold was a rush/panic price to get him into thee "great panther system" early......And it seems they learned form this about dealing with Baker.......*BUT* it looks like Baker did need OTAs and mini-camp too.....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, onmyown said:

Baker literally looks worse or just as bad  than Darnold with a top oline vs. historically putrid. Not saying Darnold doesn’t suck but is it not obvious they are both trash by now?

Yet another Rhule QB project down the shitter.

Rhule has to develop a rookie QB there is no way around it. Just the simple fact he clearly doesn’t understand that is grounds for being fired imo.

What does a Rhule developed QB look like? PJ Walker?

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Damn Baker for actually making me question whether I want to see what Darnold could do behind this o-line.

Unreal but me too....I even thought to myself - "Bloody hell, Broken-down Cam could have done this the last 3 games, maybe even some improvements".

sam *maybe a better fit for whatever Ben system needs.....He has had more time and I know it was against air, but he did look legit in OTAs&mini-camp. 

If Baker doesnt improve, Id say week 6 there needs to be a coaching only meeting with the focus of whos starts that week. 

Lastly this guy has gone on long enough without any hate - 

download.jpg.c900cccff38486c0727b8e5f477bbd2e.jpg

Time for a new QB coach if the results keep pointing downwards...

• Pie 2

Instead of assuming the line is bad for whatever reason, it’s been easy to see during our first three games that Baker is the issue with the sacks and pressure most of the time. Not getting rid of the ball timely, rolling out right when there’s literally no reason to.  Not to mention CMC has been looking pretty solid in the run game.  Our offensive line has been one of the bright spots, no doubt. 

Edited by Kentucky Panther
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yeah we need a GM with more of a spine. 

Who in history has stood up to Jay-z, my old ass has forgotten about his beefs(was one of them NAS?). I member when Rkelly quit Jays tour and that was funny. 

What about Dame Dash?? It was a messy breakup, but I can not say the real reasons.....

Plus having a beef with young Jay was a totally different deal once he became JAY-Z. 

Edited by Basbear

If you remove Robbie's 75 yd TD and Laviska's 67 from this past weekend then Baker would be averaging 136 pass YPG. I think we can all see him for what he is. Even with those 2 ballooned plays the team is only at 161 pypg. Good for 31st in the league.

CMC is averaging 81 yds on the ground. The OL is playing very well. There are no more excuses for Baker. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Damn Baker for actually making me question whether I want to see what Darnold could do behind this o-line.

During fanfest Sam was the only one moving the ball consistently. Sam made it hard for Rhule to play Baker until his injury.

Folks need to come to the realization than Rhule doesn't know what he's doing and Sam Darnold is actually a better QB than Baker Mayfield.

Just look at what it cost us to get Sam vs Baker. The Baker fans don't want to believe it but put Sam back in, this is a much better offense, INTS be damned.

On my third watch thru on NFL+, focusing on o-line play. I don't really know what ESPN is looking at, unless they're grading run blocking only (which I know they're not), focusing on individual assignments, and ignoring unit play. 

Pass protection on obvious passing plays is not really good, or consistent. Blitz pick-ups are poor. Free rushers on 3rd downs. There are also some nice clean pockets too, and on those we don't see the QB bailing early, Mayfield steps up into the pocket on many.  

Mayfield stayed in the pocket much better in the third game than I gave him credit for while watching live or on earlier viewings. I am watching for happy feet.

Coverage likely contributed to some sacks, but on at least 2 of the sacks the pocket collapses on strong and weak sides. 

Run blocking is solid, especially on non-obvious rushing downs. McCaffrey is blown up on several plays at or behind the line, where his shiftiness turns it into something. 

(On a totally unrelated note: Brown's interception is amazing athleticism for so big a body).