• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If panthers don't get a top five draft pick

Jmac

IMO I would not waste a moment even getting your hopes up for a top overall pick this team is not terrible enough for that and we will always win a couple games to take us out of the top five it's just what we do. Regardless of where we pick we will take a long look at the QB class in the draft next year.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Next year’s draft is QB-heavy. This isn’t a year where you have to have the top pick to get a good one, so I don’t think we’re in trouble at this current trajectory. Only if you want Stroud or Young would you worry about the #1 pick, and I don’t think either of them is worth it.

• Pie 1

Most of the "elite" QBs today weren't even drafted with a top 5 pick. Mahomes went 10th overall, Watson went 12th overall, Lamar Jackson went 32nd, Herbert went 6th overall, and Josh Allen went 7th overall. We just need a coaching staff that can develop a young QB. I really like Will Levis and his upside but I don't think if he's worthy of a top 10 pick yet.

• Pie 3