• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If panthers don't get a top five draft pick

Jmac

History shows you take a stab at a QB if you find one you like and need one in rd 1. 

If we’re sitting at 6-12 and either Levis or Ward are there, I’d take a gander. 

This coming draft will have 4ish first rounders come season’s end. Maybe more if McCall, Hall and Penix keep balling out. Really damn interesting group and I think we’ll be in position for one  if we’re pick 1 or 12. Only issue is if we slip too far into the teens. Teams don’t let that high of talent fall that far. 

Would prefer not to end up with the Mac Jones of the class.

We almost traded for Watson...just draft a guy and do it again the next year if we have to and there is a player worth the attempt until you find one. I do not want to see this team do a mega trade and mega new deal for anyone. I just don't trust it and that is too damn big of a hole when/if they miss.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

To fuging give up and stop throwing poo at the goddamn wall

this has been one of the biggest follies of the Tepper/Rhule era, we keep making these “one player away” kind of moves EVERY year and it’s screwing with the cap/draft. They used up the good faith two years by not bottoming out for a true rebuild. 

I, personally would be pissed if they weren't trying to better the team every year. I swear you guys think this pro football stuff is easy. Lmao

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Vox said:

Most of the "elite" QBs today weren't even drafted with a top 5 pick. Mahomes went 10th overall, Watson went 12th overall, Lamar Jackson went 32nd, Herbert went 6th overall, and Josh Allen went 7th overall. We just need a coaching staff that can develop a young QB. I really like Will Levis and his upside but I don't think if he's worthy of a top 10 pick yet.

Levi's is what to do if we don't have a top ten pick. I'm thinking late first or second round.

I'm very concerned with this draft class though. I just don't see a physical standout. I just can't get behind a QB that's under 6' and under 190lbs.

So far I've got Levi's as my dark horse best QB available he's in the mold of Cam and Josh Allen, but I really think he could use a year to improve that accuracy.

I think he's a very exciting prospect but 18-26 (last game) is too Baker like at the moment.

The difference is Levi's is an elite runner with a big enough body 6'3" 230lbs to get tough yards.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Levi's is what to do if we don't have a top ten pick. I'm thinking late first or second round.

I'm very concerned with this draft class though. I just don't see a physical standout. I just can't get behind a QB that's under 6' and under 190lbs.

So far I've got Levi's as my dark horse best QB available he's in the mold of Cam and Josh Allen, but I really think he could use a year to improve that accuracy.

I think he's a very exciting prospect but 18-26 (last game) is too Baker like at the moment.

The difference is Levi's is an elite runner with a big enough body 6'3" 230lbs to get tough yards.

Not sure what you consider physical standout but there are a bunch of guys in this class with overwhelming physical abilities.  Richardson for sure.   Levis is being called Josh Allen lite.  Stroud has a rocket arm.  Hooker is also mobile and athletic.

Not saying all those dudes will go in the first just that they have some nice attributes

***If a staff can figure out how to unlock Richardson then that may be something to behold.  Big, fast and an absolute cannon of an arm.  Unfortunately his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and he needs a ton more experience

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

There are some universal rules that I believe about the NFL, one is you need to do ALL you can (within the rules) to win each game **until** you are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Then the #1-#5 goal changes to improve your draft capital. You not only get the 3rd pick in round one, but round two, three, etc etc. 

*Rare deals where you are in the hunt and three of your 3 best players go on IR week 14, then start the tank.....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sunday is going to be the measuring stick in my opinion.  We should beat a team like the cardinals at home.  Thats a very winnable game.  I think we win and then against the 49ers is when we def see what this team is made of.

The Cardinals aren’t great and they are down receivers 

on the other hand, the QB isn’t playing with 3 broken lumbar vertebrae and a bum ankle 

weather could help a bit too

36 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not sure what you consider physical standout but there are a bunch of guys in this class with overwhelming physical abilities.  Richardson for sure.   Levis is being called Josh Allen lite.  Stroud has a rocket arm.  Hooker is also mobile and athletic.

Not saying all those dudes will go in the first just that they have some nice attributes

***If a staff can figure out how to unlock Richardson then that may be something to behold.  Big, fast and an absolute cannon of an arm.  Unfortunately his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and he needs a ton more experience

I'm liking Richardson. I've really got to watch him more this season.

6'4" 230lbs is a NFL body for sure. He's got to get that completion percentage up though.

I'm not happy about Levi's completion percentage at the moment. I love his game but for me completions are the key to translating and actually succeeding.

Both those guys are intriguing, I just need to see better numbers this year. 

Edited by rippadonn