• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can someone explain what’s happening here?

NAS

If you are referring to DJ, my assumption would be to see if the saints are playing man or zone. The saints run man coverage over 70% of the time this year. If a secondary member didn’t come into the box with DJ then the play call would most likely be a run inside due to us having numbers for body on a body. 

did this play result in an inside run or was this that over route?

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not sure of the context but looks like a run play with the O-line going left? No clue if it was a good or bad play

It looks out of sync to me half the line is moving left, the guys on the right look set. Is that Ickey still in his 3pt? 

If it's a run what the hell is Chubba doing still set?

North Carolina Idk GIF by Carolina Panthers

I'm confused looking at that mess.

This was the formation they were trying to get the Saints with on an eventually 3rd and short with a hand off to Moore when he motions across.

They eventually were going to run the play and hand it off to Moore I believe on a 4th and short, but Baker or a coach called a timeout and aborted the handoff to Moore. Moore was frustrated and threw his hands up as he motioned across.

So, just a big waste of time setting up the Saints for nothing. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

This was the formation they were trying to get the Saints with on an eventually 3rd and short with a hand off to Moore when he motions across.

They eventually were going to run the play and hand it off to Moore I believe on a 4th and short, but Baker or a coach called a timeout and aborted the handoff to Moore. Moore was frustrated and threw his hands up as he motioned across.

Thx. DJ is rightfully frustrated with this regime and the QB menagerie.

19 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Bakers in the play already so maybe a coach called timeout?  We need more context on this post lol

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Bakers in the play already so maybe a coach called timeout?  We need more context on this post lol

It's a formation they were using to set up an eventual run to Moore later in the game on 4th down that they called a timeout on. This is a 4th down formation the Panthers use. This play was an incomplete pass to Ricci on 4th and 4.

The design is to free up the coverage on the TE with 2 wide on 4th and short.

The safety bites on Ricci after seeing it the first time and Moore goes into motion to take the handoff with open field. The safety favored Ricci on that 4th down they called a timeout on and Moore was uncovered when he went in motion.

My guess is Baker messed up the presnap read and timing to Moore on the following 4th down.