• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Wilson: Tepper's patience with Rhule growing thin

UNCrules2187

Embattled Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule is under heavy scrutiny from owner David Tepper, and multiple league sources predict that he will be fired before the end of the season if his pattern of losing continues. No dismissal is regarded as imminent or developing at this time, but patience is growing thin from ownership, according to league sources.

What’s the big-picture plan for Tepper?

Should the Panthers owner ultimately move on from Rhule, he’s expected to seek an experienced former head coach as his eventual replacement.

“I’m expecting, and many others around the league expect Tepper to go with a proven head coach with significant NFL experience,” a league source said. “That would mean looking at Sean Payton or a Dan Quinn. Tepper has been patient, but patience only stretches so far. At some point, you have to win, and they haven’t won nearly enough games.

“Of course, it doesn’t help the situation that Baker Mayfield hasn’t played very well. Rhule is in a tough spot and I don’t see how he can fix the situation. It feels pretty inevitable from everything I’m hearing that he’ll eventually be fired.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-notebook-093022/

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2