• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Wilson: Tepper's patience with Rhule growing thin

UNCrules2187

7 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I wish I could believe this 

I think you can.

Gotta remember agents are one of the common sources for insider stories. So for example, Matt Rhule's agent could be the guy telling someone like Rapoport that Tepper is going to be patient with him.

Funny thing is though that the details of Wilson's story aren't really any different from Rapoport's . There's just a different sort of spin to it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Vox said:

The Saints wouldn't trade Sean Payton in division and he wouldn't want to come here considering we have no QB. However if Tepper somehow managed to get him I would be extremely happy. You can think what you want about him but he's a HOF coach.

And one who was suspended a year for bountygate. Memories of bounty on Cam Newton still linger with some of us. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Unfortunately, I share your fear of Tepper bouncing to the opposite extreme of Rhule. 

Of course, one could say that the opposite extreme of Rhule is coaching competency and wins, but I fear we could pull a Jerry Jones and just bounce from one extreme to another for a while.  In Dallas' case, the extremes are strong, successful NFL coaches like Johnson and Parcells to yes men. 

Just do the opposite as hard as you can is a sure sign the decision maker doesn't know what the hell happened and is taking the one path they can see.

If no one steps up and can pitch a better path it was alway the logical guess at what Tepper would do after giving a ginormous contract to a guy who has done so little other then sell himself.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

I am not on the Sean Payton hype train. Outside of the 1 super bowl season I watched his teams shi+ the bed YOY with one of the best QB's to ever play the game. We need to look at the current situation for what it is - our QB is not performing. If Baker turns it on then this team could win a bunch of games. If no changes are made to set the team up for success then, yes, Rhule needs to be relieved of his duties. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just do the opposite as hard as you can is a sure sign the decision maker doesn't know what the hell happened and is taking the one path they can see.

If no one steps up and can pitch a better path it was alway the logical guess at what Tepper would do after giving a ginormous contract to a guy who has done so little other then sell himself.

Tepper showed too many of his cards the first time around.  In his defense, he probably could not envision he would be interviewing a snake oil salesman as a candidate for an NFL HC job.  But, he broadcast he was looking for 1) someone well-versed in analytics, and 2) someone who can build a long-term successful program, slowly if necessary.  So Rhule shows up, armed with that information, useless numbers, and preaching "the Process." 

It didn't help that the GM involved in this process was a snake oil salesman looking to lick his new boss's boots.

Let's hope Tepper has learned from this, or hands over the next search and hiring process to someone whose BS meter is a little more sensitive.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Should be easy to tell. Let's look at the effort this Sunday. Should tell us a lot about how true this is.

It should.  He lost me last year, but I am skeptical about his having lost the locker room, unless the comments the paparazzi where trying to incite DJ on have more legs than I am giving them credit for.

I don't even want to speculate about that at this point.

• Beer 2