• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The crazy thing is we would be 3-0 with Cam Newton

OneBadCat

11 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Just proof that egos run the NFL. 

You can’t tell me that Cam wouldn’t fair better than this. Hell he already did after being signed off his couch. 

All of our passes are PA and rollouts because Baker can’t throw over singleback formation without being batted down. 

Cam would at least be keeping this defense fresh with automatic 3rd/4th and short conversions.

The line is significantly better than last year. Cam would have feasted. But  Rhule is determined to outsmart himself out of a job for some reason.

Moreover Cam was cool and collected and made the right reads more often than not. Cam also has the swag and clutch factor. Darnold is a chicken poo and Baker is a nervous train wreck guessing whether it’s okay the throw ball because of his height .

Give me all the poo because I’m still right. We keep assembling rosters that Cam would have succeeded with and Rhule continues to think he knows better. 

Hell last week we ran RPO all game like Baker is some kind of duel threat. None of this poo makes sense. 

lol here we go again

Edited by Barney

11 hours ago, OriginalPD said:

This dude gets it. Winning doesn’t seem to be an option for this franchise, so at least bring in Cam so we can HOPE something is fun to watch. 

Is there such a thing as fun while losing......or does the fun while you still loose just make the whole thing more pathetic? 

Or is there such a thing as boring winners?........is winning ever not fun for fans of sports?

I guess in your defense Cub fans for many decades always enjoyed their "lovable loosers" and battle cry of "wait until next year!"........but that's based on the fact they will be winners then..........

That stated, I don't know if the NFL has the same level of tolerance that MLB has seen having a team of lovable loosers.....................maybe Browns fans pre move to Baltimore felt that way?

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Is there such a thing as fun while losing......or does the fun while you still loose just make the whole thing more pathetic? 

Or is there such a thing as boring winners?........is winning ever not fun for fans of sports?

I guess in your defense Cub fans for many decades always enjoyed their "lovable loosers" and battle cry of "wait until next year!"........but that's based on the fact they will be winners then..........

That stated, I don't know if the NFL has the same level of tolerance that MLB has seen having a team of lovable loosers.....................maybe Browns fans pre move to Baltimore felt that way?

No, losing isn’t fun at all. Just would hope that at least a couple times per game there’d be something exciting to happen on offense. Mayfield can’t deliver that. Cam might be able to at least. Cam is past his prime, but he’s anything but boring to watch. I’ll take that at least. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I’ve long said I’d rather lose with our guy than lose with these other guys. It should have always been Cam until we found our guy in the draft. I still refuse to believe a Cam with a full offseason wouldn’t be better than what we’ve gotten these last few years. 

I was in the barbershop talking sh*t  a few months after they cut Cam. This guy was like man you don't like Teddy Bridgewater? Man he's pretty good. My response was dude in his best passing statistical season he didn't pass for as many touchdowns as Cam ran for in his MVP season. Everybody's eyes got big like damn I didn't know that and then I stirred the conversation towards the Eagles cause I was seeing red. Easily the most disrespected MVP ever!

• Pie 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this. Rhule and McAdoo system doesnt work for Cam. Long winded routes with no ability to create after the route. The WRs do not look for holes in the zone. They run their routes and stop alot. Saying this. I think Cams ability to escape the pocket wouldve given us a better 3rd down conversion rate and we would be more run heavy then passive with RPO not just PO's (Like Smitty said). I think he couldve accounted for atleast 1 TD per game especially since our defense has scored twice. Looking at the scores other than the last game. We were in  those games. We won 1 and lost 2 by a FG or less. So I say we atleats be 3-2 or 4-1 at this point with Cam.

• Pie 2

Cam is like your favorite ex girlfriend that you always look back and remember fondly. She was the MVP. The best you ever had. And you almost made it all the way. But those days are over and it’s just time to let it go. I still think about mine. But it’s not really worth bringing her up to my friends anymore. She’s moved on. So have I. So should you. Let Cam go.