• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those wanting Darnold...

TheCasillas

50 minutes ago, SpclKen said:

I just don't get with a vastly improved Online people wouldn't want to see Darnold after the last 4 weeks. Baker is severely limited physically and is missing wide open players. 

Having PJ or Sam immediately gets 5-7 plays extra on offence from tipped passes alone. That's with a clean pocket. I counted 3 passes today where he just overthrew or threw behind open receivers. He's too slow to get a first down with his feet and doesn't do anything better than average except for his "competitiveness". He's literally a walk-on athlete because of his physical limitations. 

Panthers never should have traded for him. Keep our draft capital and salvage that 4th. Play anyone other than Baker. 

A better O-line won't make Darnold a better QB. I wish the myth would die.

• Beer 1

IMO the issue is not just the QB. The scheme sucks. Everyone said its really complicated but it seems simple based on what we see on the field. Maybe the specifics are really hard like a QB sneak isn't a push forward into a gap, but its falling down and trying to army crawl under the center..and the terminology and options are difficult maybe...the same QB sneak is referred to as a "29-K-Supercalifragilicious-9100DU-I-Snap-Tap=Snapper-Boom-Bomb 1960ish-5" with checks to a throw at a DL's elbow to avoid intentional grounding or a pass to anyone to drop to also avoid intentional grounding?

• Flames 1