• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trust me a Tepper is wanting a change

54th man

31 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

Tepper seems to me like an extremely impatient prick who is impossible to work for, hence the resignations of two presidents of his org.

Was talking to a guy at the Riot tailgate yesterday who told me about the construction ordeal in Rock Hill. Apparently Tepper wanted more money from the state/county and when he didn't get what he wanted he just pulled out of the deal in the middle of the night. Ultimately sunk the construction company into bankruptcy. There are a lot of people in SC who hate his guts.

I agree he does not seem to have the patience to build a team the right way.  

Edited by Barney
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, 54th man said:

But a plan has to unfold. If he fires Rhule who does he replace him with in season? Sure Wilks would work but if he can get anything out of this team will it interline him from hiring his next head coach, someone who might not be on the horizon till some smoke clears for whatever reason that may be. And our offense will still be stagnant cause we have McAdoodoo. As bad as Rhule needs to be fired a plan has to be worked out. When your front door blows off during a hurricane u don't rush out during the storm to replace it u wait till the storm has blown thru then take action. GOD THIS TEAM is enept

At this point just ride Rhule and Mayfield right to CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.  fug it.  The season is already over anyways and its the first week of October.  Absolutely shameful.  But, just keep the status quo, THEN poo-can Rhule and get a real coach in here to mentor our QB of the future. 

• Pie 3

Wrong, if he wanted a change he’d had fired him after regressing last season and if he was smart in the first place he’d know better than to hire a college coach, small college at that. Then he offered him dumb money even after Rhule used the offer as leverage with the Giants lmao I mean I could go on and on.

Tepper is a fuging idiot and has no clue what he is doing and is too dumb or egotistical to know it… no amount of words will override his actions.

• Pie 3

There's nothing we can do a fans , of course as far as Tepper goes. He owns the team. There is something he can do , and that's bringing in a competent coaching staff. At this point Tepper reminds me of "Harry Ellis" the "know-it-all" from the original "Die Hard" movie that was trying to negotiate a deal with the bag guys....

image.jpeg.9ece85e1ddacfc8a5b59e43c53521f8e.jpeg

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

Lol! Can’t wait to see this plan cause it couldn’t have been throwing away three seasons in a row.

And used two years setting it all up.  If you want to give him the first year as a training period you are still in year 4 of his best plan for  stewardship. The one he took two years to craft. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Only one problem hoss: they're both steering clear of Charlotte and 1) staying in school, or 2) pulling an Eli/Elway

With this current coaching staff. But perhaps not if we get someone with actual NFL experience to come in and take over. Especially an OC that has helped make QBs look exceptionally good over the last year or two. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Sure. but that's not coming until '25 or '26.

Now you are that being negative for the sake of being negative. Yeah, Tepper has been awful and this coaching staff has been awful. And Tepper should have canned Rhule awhile ago. But I find it extremely unlikely that he lets Rhule stay after this season.