• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trust me a Tepper is wanting a change

54th man

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Now you are that being negative for the sake of being negative. Yeah, Tepper has been awful and this coaching staff has been awful. And Tepper should have canned Rhule awhile ago. But I find it extremely unlikely that he lets Rhule stay after this season. 

No, I'm really not. I'm being realistic. There's absolutely no evidence that this team will ever even be mediocre under Tepper, there's absolutely no evidence Tepper has any desire to want them to be successful here, and there's ESPECIALLY no evidence Tepper is going to fire Rhule before his contact is up. 

Anything to the contrary has been wishful thinking supported by emotion, not logic.

The fact that Rhule wasn’t fired after season two tells me two things about Tepper (both equally as scary). 

1.  He puts his money ahead of logical decision making. (Most likely in my opinion)

2. He didn’t have the foresight to see what a bunch of jabronies on a message board could clearly see after two years. 

7 hours ago, 54th man said:

But a plan has to unfold. If he fires Rhule who does he replace him with in season? Sure Wilks would work but if he can get anything out of this team will it interline him from hiring his next head coach, someone who might not be on the horizon till some smoke clears for whatever reason that may be. And our offense will still be stagnant cause we have McAdoodoo. As bad as Rhule needs to be fired a plan has to be worked out. When your front door blows off during a hurricane u don't rush out during the storm to replace it u wait till the storm has blown thru then take action. GOD THIS TEAM is enept

GOTTA TRUST ME BRO. BRO TRUST ME. BRO. TRUST. ME.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

The fact that Rhule wasn’t fired after season two tells me two things about Tepper (both equally as scary). 

1.  He puts his money ahead of logical decision making. (Most likely in my opinion)

2. He didn’t have the foresight to see what a bunch of jabronies on a message board could clearly see after two years. 

The second is the scariest by far. 

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

No, I'm really not. I'm being realistic. There's absolutely no evidence that this team will ever even be mediocre under Tepper, there's absolutely no evidence Tepper has any desire to want them to be successful here, and there's ESPECIALLY no evidence Tepper is going to fire Rhule before his contact is up. 

Anything to the contrary has been wishful thinking supported by emotion, not logic.

This take is entirely emotional my friend lol. Tepper has been garbage, but to suggest there’s no evidence this team could ever be good under him is a bit dense. He’s only had one hiring. He failed at it miserably and has stubbornly failed to admit his mistake. But he did make that hire one of the highest paid coaches in the entire league at the time. It’s his pride that’s letting him down.

And saying there’s no evidence Tepper will fire Rhule is also silly. What evidence do you expect before it happens? Do you think he would come out and say “well honestly I’m thinking about firing him but we will see”

You are being a bit dramatic. I understand it’s bleak. But suggesting Tepper would not fire Rhule for 3 more years and all the top QBs will stay in school rather than come here is dramatic. And you know that lol

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

This take is entirely emotional my friend lol. Tepper has been garbage, but to suggest there’s no evidence this team could ever be good under him is a bit dense. He’s only had one hiring. He failed at it miserably and has stubbornly failed to admit his mistake. But he did make that hire one of the highest paid coaches in the entire league at the time. It’s his pride that’s letting him down.

And saying there’s no evidence Tepper will fire Rhule is also silly. What evidence do you expect before it happens? Do you think he would come out and say “well honestly I’m thinking about firing him but we will see”

You are being a bit dramatic. I understand it’s bleak. But suggesting Tepper would not fire Rhule for 3 more years and all the top QBs will stay in school rather than come here is dramatic. And you know that lol

Guess we’ll see

5 hours ago, TNPanther said:

Tepper seems to me like an extremely impatient prick who is impossible to work for, hence the resignations of two presidents of his org.

Was talking to a guy at the Riot tailgate yesterday who told me about the construction ordeal in Rock Hill. Apparently Tepper wanted more money from the state/county and when he didn't get what he wanted he just pulled out of the deal in the middle of the night. Ultimately sunk the construction company into bankruptcy. There are a lot of people in SC who hate his guts.

I can see people hating him. Hell, I’d say the majority of fans hate him. I know I do and he hasn’t cost me a dime. 

10 hours ago, 54th man said:

When your front door blows off during a hurricane u don't rush out during the storm to replace it u wait till the storm has blown thru then take action. GOD THIS TEAM is enept

If I lost a front door, I would makeshift an interim door, and then hire my choice of new door after the storm is over. 

Depending on how much I trust that door, I’d let the door select its own new carpet, windows, and evaluate the furniture and see what needs replacing. And then the door can pick some fresh paint to take advantage and compliment the new decor so it all works togeth…ah fug it I hate my analogy. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

There has been some speculation about Rhule being in line for coaching positions at Nebraska and Arizona State. I'm just wondering if Tepper is trying to get those schools to pay some of what is owed Rhule before he releases him from his contract. 

That is the way most NFL coaching contracts work.  They are basically a personal services contract.  If Tepper fires Rhule tomorrow, he has to pay him for the next 4+ years until the term of the contract runs out.  By the same token, if Rhule takes another coaching job, his new salary (up to the $8.5M per year he is given here) offsets what Tepper pays him.  So, if Arizona State pays him $6M a year, he gets that from ASU but only $2.5M from Tepper.

Or he can negotiate a buyout with Tepper that effectively ends his contract here and he gets less that the remaining 4+ years worth, but his future salaries are free and clear.

The normal offset also requires the coach actively seek another coaching job.  So Rhule can't just sit on his arse in front of the tube and watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.

That is, unless Tepper did something stupid and unusual in the contract (aside from the stupid and unusual of giving him full control over the roster).  Considering Hurney was involved, anything is possible.

• Pie 1