• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Brand”

ncfan

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

an interesting outside perspective…he tweets later on that the “rah rah” stuff doesn’t work because players only care about being paid and will only follow you as a coach once you show you’re worth following.

Exactly. These dudes aren’t motivated by all that entry level sales poo. They are motivated to excel in their role and get the big pay. Good coaches figure out a way to make a handful of those players coexist together to deliver success. 

Matt Rhule doesn’t know offense.   Didn’t know it in college. Clueless at the NFL level. 

I guess in his defense he too didn’t want Ben McAdoo near this team.  Rejected him twice for lower positions.   But he was the only guy with a name willing to join the poo show when he had to add an OC after that complete poo show of 2021.  

• Pie 3

Really disappointed to hear Moton's response, but it's what I expected and it is reflective of what I have speculated is going on - and that's a team leader/captain.  

What I speculated is that players aren't bucking back or speaking out because they're comfortable.  And that's why I, and many other Panther lifers, are lamenting to much about the damage Rhule is doing... 

Remember the lull they talked about that was in the locker room when we went from Fox to Rivera?  And remember the even more heavy and evident ghosts that hovered in and around the team when we hired Fox after Siefert?  I remember reading specifically about the culture around the team when Fox came on as HC.  The feel I got from the pieces I read back then was it was the team's culture when he arrived was almost like someone died, except it was everyday...  the team was down, morale was bottomed out, and guys really were just going through the motions.  Fox came in and made some early declarations about what was going to be expected and it was pretty clear a lot of guys weren't going to makeit through the transition because the culture was going to be drastically different. 

Rivera had a less dramatic transition taking over after Fox, as his was more a results-based, experience-rooted example form of quiet leadership, but still a noticeable transition to make as the lame duck year from Fox and the acrimony that carried over was palpable.  But really, going back to Fox's intro here, it was well documented that it was an intensive, almost jarring jolt of energy when he came in that shook the team.  Why?  Because guys had gotten comfortable.  They had got comfortable doing the minimum.  They got comfortable not being accountable.  They got comfortable taking shortcuts and not facing consequences.  They got comfortable making mistakes.  They got comfortable because they lost hope, so they acclimated and adapted to what was accepted rather than chasing expectations or goals.  I look at it as doing what's accepted versus what is expected.  I can tell you, as a coach what I expect, but if I start accepting less, you will always give me just enough but not more.  And that brings me to my last point, they got comfortable losing.  It's a natural byproduct of going through the motions.  If I'm naturally competitive, as these guys are, and I'm now locked in a 5 year contract, and i see i'm stuck with Coach Hov for the forseeable future, knowing there is no hope to turn it around, my brain is gonna shift into autopilot to spare my pride and ego of the pain I am sure to endure that comes with hopeless and helpless losing.  It's a natural survival instinct that our brain goes to in order to minimize pain.  It happens.  And if it happens to enough guys, it becomes the norm.  You forget how to win.  You're OK with just doing your job and going home because hey, what can you alone do?  We're seeing all the hallmarks of that now.  Guys committing stupid penalties, inexcusable mental lapses, fumbles, batted passes, completely blowing assignments time after time after time, after time...  and what happens?  Usually nothing.  Are there repercussion?  Nope.  So they just keep doing the same stuff.  Clock in, clock out, go home.

That's what we just heard from Moton.  Rhule definitely didn't build a "culture" here, he simply destroyed the existing one...  and it's gonna take a long time to fix it once he's gone, and a lot of guys, even good ones, axe gonna get the are because of it.  He mentally broke them.

• Pie 6

I’ve seen 3rd graders with a better, more fleshed out visual aid/plan. It’s never good when the leader is the dumbest person in the room but thinks he’s brilliant. That graphic is soooooooooo basic I’d be embarrassed to show it to anyone let alone a room full of adult men. So yeah it makes sense this team is in disarray, nobody has a real plan to follow.

Edited by RJK

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule doesn’t know offense.   Didn’t know it in college. Clueless at the NFL level. 

I guess in his defense he too didn’t want Ben McAdoo near this team.  Rejected him twice for lower positions.   But he was the only guy with a name willing to join the poo show when he had to add an OC after that complete poo show of 2021.  

Well, again, this staff was assembled as the the Island of Misfit Coaches.  No one that had other viable options would come here (no offense to Campen and Wilks), and again, even ones that were already employed and under contract here left for better options - some for lateral moves and some for even lesser options - just to get away from Rhule and his sinking ship.  None of these guys are here because of fit or a willingness to work for Rhule, and none are here because Rhule wanted them.  It's the perfect formula for the trainwreck we see every Sunday.

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Really disappointed to hear Moton's response, but it's what I expected and it is reflective of what I have speculated is going on - and that's a team leader/captain.  

What I speculated is that players aren't bucking back or speaking out because they're comfortable.   

The sound of ping pong being played in the background says it all. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The sound of ping pong being played in the background says it all. 😂

I actually decided to deep-dive into it with a several paragraph tirade, but no lie...  hearing the ping-pong in the background and the laughable amateurish, organizational breakdown powerpoint slide that Philly pointed out were my first two impressions from this thread.  And in all seriousness, I think the sound of them playing ping-pong and laughing while Moton stumbles and yammers a whole lot of nothing in his response really stirred up something deep in me...  nothing says IDGAF more than that clip.  Not saying guys can't have fun, but I know as a competitor, when i lost, i took it to heart.  I wouldnt have been hanging around playing table tennis.  I'd be watching film, i'd be studying my mistakes, etc...  Initially, seeing the clip and hearing all that, I laughed, but then it took me right back to that feeling of that cloud hanging over us in 2002.  Difference is, it's been three years of this poo...  it's gonna be really, really hard to clean this up.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I actually decided to deep-dive into it with a several paragraph tirade, but no lie...  hearing the ping-pong in the background and the laughable amateurish, organizational breakdown powerpoint slide that Philly pointed out were my first two impressions from this thread.  And in all seriousness, I think the sound of them playing ping-pong and laughing while Moton stumbles and yammers a whole lot of nothing in his response really stirred up something deep in me...  nothing says IDGAF more than that clip.  Not saying guys can't have fun, but I know as a competitor, when i lost, i took it to heart.  I wouldnt have been hanging around playing table tennis.  I'd be watching film, i'd be studying my mistakes, etc...  Initially, seeing the clip and hearing all that, I laughed, but then it took me right back to that feeling of that cloud hanging over us in 2002.  Difference is, it's been three years of this poo...  it's gonna be really, really hard to clean this up.

Millions of dollars in the bank and knowing your coaching staff is clueless likely creates a whole lot of DGAF mentality. Hell, it probably becomes a coping mechanism.

• Pie 2