• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Brand”

ncfan

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Millions of dollars in the bank and knowing your coaching staff is clueless likely creates a whole lot of DGAF mentality. Hell, it probably becomes a coping mechanism.

It definitely is.  Which I alluded to in my post...  guys learn to turn their "competitor" off, because once they see the coaches are inept, it's their only way to cope with being stuck here.  It sucks...  and the longer he's here, the more of that it creates and it spreads.

37 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I actually decided to deep-dive into it with a several paragraph tirade, but no lie...  hearing the ping-pong in the background and the laughable amateurish, organizational breakdown powerpoint slide that Philly pointed out were my first two impressions from this thread.  And in all seriousness, I think the sound of them playing ping-pong and laughing while Moton stumbles and yammers a whole lot of nothing in his response really stirred up something deep in me...  nothing says IDGAF more than that clip.  Not saying guys can't have fun, but I know as a competitor, when i lost, i took it to heart.  I wouldnt have been hanging around playing table tennis.  I'd be watching film, i'd be studying my mistakes, etc...  Initially, seeing the clip and hearing all that, I laughed, but then it took me right back to that feeling of that cloud hanging over us in 2002.  Difference is, it's been three years of this poo...  it's gonna be really, really hard to clean this up.

They are used to losing. They are comfortable losers.

That's their culture now. That's where Rhule's process is taking them.

They act like they don't like it and like they seriously want to change things, but they don't have a clue what they are doing because their coach doesn't have a clue....and their attitude is, obviously, it is what it is. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

57 minutes ago, rayzor said:

They act like they don't like it and like they seriously want to change things, but they don't have a clue what they are doing because their coach doesn't have a clue....and their attitude is, obviously, it is what it is. 

Yeah. During Motons locker room presser talking about the process and whatnot, you can hear guys in the background playing ping pong, laughing it up. Rhule is probably more concerned with the players liking him and thinking he's one of the guys at this point since he's pretty much out of ideas on how to win actual football games

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Yep. This is why the team has regressed from last year and the year before. 

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah. During Motons locker room presser talking about the process and whatnot, you can hear guys in the background playing ping pong, laughing it up. Rhule is probably more concerned with the players liking him and thinking he's one of the guys at this point since he's pretty much out of ideas on how to win actual football games

Rhule was 47-43 as a college coach. 

I don’t really care enough to look, but I wonder how many college coaches that got a try at the NFL won so little.  I mean he was barely over .500 in college.   Think Schiano probably is a close comp. 

to this day, I still don’t get how he got the opportunity given his resume. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I have been saying I was worried about how much damage this idiot is doing to the culture for a very young team.

If we aren't careful, we are going to have to start almost completely from scratch.

poo like this is the reason guys like Robby love this guy. There is zero accountability. You just show up and get paid, regardless of performance. Especially if you are a Rhule guy.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule was 47-43 as a college coach. 

I don’t really care enough to look, but I wonder how many college coaches that got a try at the NFL won so little.  I mean he was barely over .500 in college.  

Yup he was 0-11 vs ranked teams at Baylor. I think Temples biggest accomplishment was beating fuging East Carolina lol

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I have been saying I was worried about how much damage this idiot is doing to the culture for a very young team.

If we aren't careful, we are going to have to start almost completely from scratch.

poo like this is the reason guys like Robby love this guy. There is zero accountability. You just show up and get paid, regardless of performance. Especially if you are a Rhule guy.

The next coach will have no choice but to blow up the team and start over.  Some will remain due to contract limitations but they will be replaced at first opportunity.  There's nothing to build around and the culture of losing with need to be purged from top to bottom.  It's going to suck for a while longer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1