• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 cap hits

ncfan

2 hours ago, BlueBuck24 said:

The cap is yet another reason why Fitterer needs to go with Rhule. I don’t want to hear the “cap is a myth” argument. That whole philosophy centers around kicking the can (in terms of the $$$ bill) down the road so you can maximize your competitiveness in the immediate future.

It’s great when you’re doing it to make playoff runs. It makes absolutely zero sense when you’re going for 5 or less wins for the fifth straight year.

Let a new GM figure out how to get us out of cap hell.

Besides the cap issues, Fitterer likes to trade away draft picks a little too much for my liking.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

17 hours ago, Snake said:

Moton and DJ would be tough unless we really don't think we can compete for another 4 years. Shaq and Robbies contracts were desired to end next year. Both will not be on this team. 

I can see a restructure for Shaq. He’s the only true vet we have on our Defense right now imo

Edited by Doc Holiday

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Besides the cap issues, Fitterer likes to trade away draft picks a little too much for my liking.

Agreed. It’s like we haven’t learned the lessons of the past few years. Accumulating picks is valuable, especially when you’re going to be up against cap issues, and we continue to piss them away. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Fright said:

Sadly, when you have a losing culture and trash for a team, you have to overpay for slightly above(arguable) average talent. 

I don't consider Robbie Anderson above average talent.  There are a million speedsters in this league that aren't great overall WRs.  A dime a dozen. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

You could be right and the current group is good enough.  But if they've become what appears as fine with losing or part of the losing culture then we don't need that on the team. 

If these guys want to lay all  of their lackluster play at the feet of Rhule then I question whether we need that mentality on the team.  They are on the field and regardless of the play calling they should play with more heart and pride than those of a team accepting losing. Not just losing but getting humiliated. 

Nah my friend it needs a complete purge.

The only two I see that way is Robbie Anderson and Baker Mayfield. Other than that it's disappointment not collecting checks. We def need a new strong coach though. 

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I can see a restructure for Shaq. He’s the only true vet we have on our Defense right now imo

I like Shaq but that hurney deal is going to end in being cut. We could easily replace his production with a younger player. 

• Pie 1