• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We blaming TE’s now?

NAS

16 hours ago, NAS said:

First it was the offensive line, then the wide receivers, now the tight ends?  What!

Ian Thomas is our TE1. So, yeah, there's that.

This has been a problem for the Tepper tenure pretty much. Olsen went and well, that place has been just a shell of itself.

But this ain't the reason we suck, it's just a symptom.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Ian Thomas is our TE1. So, yeah, there's that.

This has been a problem for the Tepper tenure pretty much. Olsen went and well, that place has been just a shell of itself.

But this ain't the reason we suck, it's just a symptom.

Yep, I was wanting to draft a TE when Olsen first broke his foot.  I knew that his play, given his age with that injury, was probably going to decline.  What was that 2017?  So I've been wanted to draft a TE day 1 or 2 for nearly 5 years now.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, NAS said:

First it was the offensive line, then the wide receivers, now the tight ends?  What!

There is plenty of blame to go around.   No one on offense is playing especially well besides a lineman or two.  The line will continue to gel though. 

18 hours ago, NAS said:

Well. He isn’t wrong.    very inconsistent in pass catching 

they had what, two or three drops on key 3rd downs 

TEs are supposedly big in McAdoo’s offense 

they have to catch the ball…if they can’t, then just have then block or put Marshall out there 

do something 

I sometimes ask myself why the coach doesn’t bring them to the sideline and say ‘stop. Why aren’t you catching  the fuging ball   Do your damned job’

Just like I saw an interview with Taylor post game Sunday in the locker room and   in the background, I heard ping pong balls  I’m like you fugers just got booed off the field and you are playing ping pong ….for real…

im sure the players love Rhule…look at Chubba, he would not be on any other team 

I digress  apologize 

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

I think it was either three or four drops against the Cards for Ian / Tommy combined.

I will say that in the run game, our scheme asks them to do some REALLY stupid things.

Yep

the problem is the timing of those drops as well…not just last week, but every week particularly for a QB who is having accuracy problems and struggling, they don’t need to add to it, when the ball comes to them, hits them in the hands, they have to catch it 

20 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I wanted to CUT Ian Thomas and the Panthers not only retain him but give the JAG a sparking new contract. Lol, no wonder this team sucks.

Where is @mrcompletely11 , he has to witness this.... WHY THE IN THE HOLY THINK TANK DID THEY RE-SIGNED Ian "welll he got potential, dont worry about stone hands and YAC" Thomas. Let the bum walk and draft another "super sleeper" in 4th and you'll get the same #s. Finessererererer got a ostrich on the face....

I know the TE market went insane, but Ian did not deserve that contract. Let  some other team overpay him and take the 4/5/6 comp and draft his replacement.. 

I hate this move when it happened. 

• Pie 2