• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC - Bad football is not being coached, it's the players.

Interesting feedback from CMC

Source: https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2440479/amp

Excerpt:

Still, Rhule believes he can beat the odds.

“We have good players and I trust our players,” Rhule said. “I think we need to make more plays on offense. Our defense is playing well, our special teams is playing well and our offensive line is playing well.”

Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey said players are “absolutely” behind Rhule.

“Each player on this team, we have high accountability,” McCaffrey said. “The matter of fact is we haven't been good enough. I'm in the meetings, and I know what's being coached. Bad football is not being coached.

When asked if he’s seen that accountability across the locker room, McCaffrey responded, “We’re getting it fixed.”

McCaffrey, one of the team's captains, said it's up to the players to turn things around and change the losing mentality.

“We have to make the plays when our numbers are called,” McCaffrey said. “And that's not happening right now. We have extreme urgency to get it done.”

• Pie 7

What did we think CMC, any team captain, or almost any player was going to say: we are capable of playing better football, but our effing coaching staff is like the Keystone Kops in every phase, and we can’t do enough to overcome that?

It would probably be true, but not something I would expect anybody to say at this point.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

just my unpopular option but I think it’s all of the above, the roster is not talented enough. however that is a result of coaching. You see, the players simply aren’t good enough to play good football, it’s not accountability and it’s not a choice and Rhule put this team together.

this team is trash. outside of a few players the team Rhule built is not good enough to compete in the league. it’s obvious. and his high school antics will not resonate with these guys, who aren’t  good enough anyways. It’s a lose lose.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

What did we think CMC, any team captain, or almost any player was going to say: we are capable of playing better football, but our effing coaching staff is like the Keystone Kops in every phase, and we can’t do enough to overcome that?

It would probably be true, but not something I would expect anybody to say at this point.

If Robbie Anderson was consistent and not sucking off Rhule for getting him his big $ for being a Temple alum, he’d be trashing the coaches. 

Edited by Riverboat Ron
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

It doesn’t have to be bad to get roasted in the NFL.

It has to be good enough to beat the best of the best.  Every team is good.  It’s the ones that do it better, win.

It might not be “bad football” but I can guaran-damn-tee it ain’t NFL level good.

This Kool-Aid sucks.

• Pie 1