• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC - Bad football is not being coached, it's the players.

Macadoo's scheme and lineups look simple but he has complex route combinations with  multiple reads and lots of them on any given play. Baker played his best NFL ball with 2 man routes and a power running game. The scheme Mac installed does not fit Bake's abilities. To make matters worse he arrived late in the offseason compared to our other QBs and then had to split reps. He does not know how to run this Offense (not sure Darnold or PJ can either).

The problem is definitely coaching in the sense that the coaches set this sh-t up and ran with it. That said- Baker is indeed playing like crap!

We got a lot of problems and no accountability except for CMC and he's not scheming plays or throwing the passes. So unless someone step up and makes a significant change (maybe eating some crow in the process) then the sh-tshow we have seen every week thus far will most likely continue.

Edited by Michael G

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

Macadoo's scheme and lineups look simple but he has complex route combinations with  multiple reads and lots of them on any given play. Baker played his best NFL ball with 2 man routes and a power running game. The scheme Mac installed does not fit Bake's abilities. To make matters worse he arrived late in the offseason compared to our other QBs and then had to split reps. He does not know how to run this Offense (not sure Darnold or PJ can either).

The problem is definitely coaching in the sense that the coaches set this sh-t up and ran with it. That said- Baker is indeed playing like crap!

We got a lot of problems and no accountability except for CMC and he's not scheming plays or throwing the passes. So unless someone step up and makes a significant change (maybe eating some crow in the process) then the sh-tshow we have seen every week thus far will most likely continue.

I kinda doubt Matt Rhule thinks deeply enough to worry about scheme fit when he's looking at players.

I wouldn't bet on him even understanding it at the pro level.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Its too long to go into detail but the short version is the there's rifts forming throughout the team. And it's not all player/coach disagreement. 

Or I could be drunk and over analyzing the situation. 

Well, you could be drunk, but too drunk, can't say - but nothing is too long for the internet. 

Any specific rifts you're thinking?

28 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

Well, you could be drunk, but too drunk, can't say - but nothing is too long for the internet. 

Any specific rifts you're thinking?

Nothing concrete yet. I'm keeping my eye on the couple of things to see how they shake out. It may come to a head with another loss or two.

Edited by Jon Snow

Just now, AlphabetsEnd said:

Okay, first theory on your theory: 

Rhule is fired if he loses X number of games this season to be replaced by whichever coordinator's team performs best. 

Defense is playing to not have McAdoo. 

Offense is playing to not have McAdoo. 

Close? 

Not even a little bit.

2 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

But you must admit, this theory fits the evidence. 

3 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

But you must admit, this theory fits the evidence. 

No I think they've already accepted the fact there will be a new staff next season.  Although no player will ever eluded to that fact.