• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graziano: "Lots of buzz" Panthers could fire Rhule

Mr. Scot

I think best case scenario, depending on how the next few weeks go, is Rhule being let go after the Falcons Thursday night game. That would give Wilkes or whoever else is elevated into the interim role 10 days to take over and prep for the game at Baltimore. Unfortunately, based on how the offense has looked thus far, I can't see the team being any better than 2-8 at best (only potential wins I see on the schedule are at Atlanta and vs Atlanta, and if Rhule is fired after the Thursday night Atlanta game, it's because the Panthers lost that game).

26 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think best case scenario, depending on how the next few weeks go, is Rhule being let go after the Falcons Thursday night game. That would give Wilkes or whoever else is elevated into the interim role 10 days to take over and prep for the game at Baltimore. Unfortunately, based on how the offense has looked thus far, I can't see the team being any better than 2-8 at best (only potential wins I see on the schedule are at Atlanta and vs Atlanta, and if Rhule is fired after the Thursday night Atlanta game, it's because the Panthers lost that game).

Yet ATLANTA?!! is tied for first at 2-2

59 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

This game will be closer than that. Our defense is legit and SF's offense is not high octane. We will lose after keeping it close for 3 quarters, like we do every week. 

It doesn’t matter our personnel or coaches, Kyle Shanahan has always made a mockery of our defense with the run game, and he’s done it to much better defenses than this.

Pick up Deebo Samuel this week in fantasy, folks.  Pick up Tevin Coleman while you’re at it, it’s his first active game this season and he always shreds us, too.  

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

They would not have to pay Tepper.  If Tepper gives them permission to talk to Rhule and they come to an agreement, whatever salary they give Rhule offsets part (or even all) of the money the Panthers pay him.  In essence, they would be paying Tepper by paying Rhule.

It becomes a PR win for everybody.  Tepper or Fitts get to say something like "Arizona State has offered Matt an incredible opportunity, and while we hate to lose him (cough, cough, cough, choke, sip of water), we do not want to stand in his way.  We wish him the best in the future."

Translated: We found a college willing to take this BS artist off our hands and pay most of his outrageous salary.  He may even work out for them, since you can BS 18-year-old kids a lot easier than 25-year-old men.  For us, we not only unload part of his salary, but we don't have to listen to his BS press conferences, endless buzzwords, and useless spin on statistics after every friggin loss....which is pretty much every week during the season.  We wish him the best, but mostly we are glad he is gone.

Exactly what I though. Not sure it will happen, but at this time all we have is hope…

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

If memory serves me correctly, the fact that the Giants were bidding for his services as well,  likely pushed the negotiation and his price and longevity higher. Tepper out bided Gettleman, and looks like we were both losers.

Hurney was the first to go into "recruiting mode" but they made the decision together.

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

This game will be closer than that. Our defense is legit and SF's offense is not high octane. We will lose after keeping it close for 3 quarters, like we do every week. 

I know San Fran does not have a high octane offense.

I also know  the 49ers LT Trent Williams is out and so is Colton Mkivitz and that helps 

but in all honesty, I cannot anoint the Panthers defense based on playing well against the likes of the Browns, an injured Saints team, the Giants and the Cardinals (without Hopkins)

I mean, not one of those teams are offensive juggernauts either and the coaches aren’t the caliber of the 49ers coach either 

there are good players on the Panthers defense but I just have trouble believing in them to get key stops when it matters against the better teams 

its probably just because of Rhule that I feel that way…my vision is tainted