• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting the fanbase back on board

Jmac

Will just firing Rhule do it? Firing Rhule and the OC do it? Is the base lost and will take years to recover?

Will winning bring them back or has the damage been done? How do they pull the bandage off and let the wounds heal? 

Twenty fifteen was a magical season and we are light years away from that energy.

Is the fanbase done with this farse for good?

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Winning cures all.

Came here to post something similar. If this team was 4-1 and the team looked good, the fanbase would be excited, the stadium would be full of fans….it would be a whole different vibe.

Unfortunately the Panthers are a miserable 23-47 since Tepper bought the team, and 11-27 under his handpicked head coach. 

No quicker way to kill an already fickle and fair weather fan base than a stubborn owner holding onto a wildly unqualified head coach for longer than he reasonably should. 

7 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Will just firing Rhule do it? Firing Rhule and the OC do it? Is the base lost and will take years to recover?

Will winning bring them back or has the damage been done? How do they pull the bandage off and let the wounds heal? 

Twenty fifteen was a magical season and we are light years away from that energy.

Like the other guy said, winning fixes everything. People forget about dumb mistakes and the past. People don’t pay attention to the small things and distractions. Winning pulls teams and fans together.

A young energetic coach with a clear well defined plan (not some vague process nonsense) and seeing said plan come to fruition whether that’s taking Will Anderson and getting a Jimmy G for a year or Stroud/Young and building around them. If the jets and browns fans can endure than so can I. I understand why some won’t ever be passionate again but at the end of the day I’m a huge Panthers fan and I WANT to support my team but I’m not gonna spend my hard earned money anymore until we have a clear direction. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Put a good product on the field and folks will watch it.

Call them basement dwellers while you serve turd burgers and poo shakes and you’ll have what we have now.

I don’t see how firing Rhule will fill more seats. Wilks isn’t going to fix our bumbling stumbling offense so you can still expect losses to pile up. 

Maybe people will get excited knowing that we might finally get a legit HC, but you have to remember Tepper will be heading that… again.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Winning cures all.

This is the most basic thing to do. But that may not happen this season.

Instead, Wilks is going to have to concentrate on developing that team identity.  While Rhule is gone, will Snow follow him?  Will we need a new DC as well?

We have a LOT of questions to answer as we move forward.  I have no idea what will happen, but it's something.