• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PHIL SNOW FIRED AS WELL

TheWiz

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Again there is a huge difference between sucking and tanking. And even with Manning and Luck being supposedly the best the Colts win 1 superbowl between them.  Meanwhile the Patriots won a bunch of SBs with a 6 rounder again proving you don't need to tank to find your franchise guy.

My god this is logical nonsense. Let’s just trade all our picks for 6th rounders then.

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

For Manning two decades ago or Luck who lasted a few years and then got hurt. Between supposedly the 2 greatest qbs they had 1 super Bowl win for the Colts between them. Nope tanking even for a great QB doesn't guarantee superbowls 

You said Great, not Super Bowls.

There's literally nothing that guarantees superbowls. 

20 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So, so far 3 coaches are gone leaving the staff a little shorthanded.  How do they make up for that? Lots of games left.

If I understand it correctly, we let DC Snow walk and he’ll be replaced by Al Holcomb. Ed Foley was assistant ST coach but I’m not sure he’d be hard to replace if at all. Tabor has done a great job - this is the best ST has been in awhile.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If I understand it correctly, we let DC Snow walk and he’ll be replaced by Al Holcomb. Ed Foley was assistant ST coach but I’m not sure he’d be hard to replace if at all. Tabor has done a great job - this is the best ST has been in awhile.

Who replaces what Holcomb and Wilkes were doing?  And I assume there was an asst. ST coach for a reason.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Who replaces what Holcomb and Wilkes were doing?  And I assume there was an asst. ST coach for a reason.  

Good question - Evan Cooper is still DB coach. Cedric Whitaker is also listed as ST assistant per Panthers.com.

Edited by Prowler2k18

40 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Corral, who looked horrific and tiny against bland base defense, is NOT going to stop us from trying to find a franchise QB in the draft. Put it this way, if we don't draft a 1st round QB in 2023 then I'm not watching the 2023 season.

You make it sound as if there is a surefire franchise QB in this coming draft.  I see potentially good QBs but none that say Franchise about them.  

Look at T. Lawrence in Jacksonville.  He's not, IMO, living up to expectations.  Maybe he doesn't have a supporting cast but he not showing he's elite yet.  He may never be but in 2021 draft everyone was sure he was a surefire franchise QB. 

You base your assumptions on Corral on a HC that treated him like he was a freshman in college.  He didn't give him any real opportunities to shine.  I agree he looked horrific in his first preseason game, but most knowledgeable fans would say he looked much better in the 2nd preseason game before he got hurt.   I think given a real opportunity with a good coaching staff we could have a GOOD QB, maybe not a franchise QB but someone who can execute the offense.  Someone who can score enough points to complement our defense. 

Rhule put us in this situation to consider a QB in 2023.  I'll wait until after the season to say whether I believe any college QB is worthy of the #1 spot or even top 5 picks. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Corral, who looked horrific and tiny against bland base defense, is NOT going to stop us from trying to find a franchise QB in the draft. Put it this way, if we don't draft a 1st round QB in 2023 then I'm not watching the 2023 season.

Agree we might draft another one given Fitterer's approach and drafting a qb is much cheaper than signing a veteran but given how many top 10 qbs bust and we have 2 of them as proof, tanking for a pick doesn't guarantee anything and more times than not doesn't work out long term

• Pie 2