• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rod and Dundon Appreciation Thread

Panthers Fan 69

2 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

Completely agree. Just adds to the game day experience, never understood stadiums and arenas in the middle of nowhere (PNC isn’t that bad). 

The National rugby stadium in Wales is in center of City and game days were just amazing all day events

Not to completely hijack this thread but what do you think about ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ and Reynolds and McElhenney taking over the team… it’s very fascinating from a US soccer fans point of view.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not to completely hijack this thread but what do you think about ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ and Reynolds and McElhenney taking over the team… it’s very fascinating from a US soccer fans point of view.

I haven’t watched the series yet but I think it’s great that they have chosen a community club to invest in.

it’s hard to explain how much the local teams mean to the people who live around them. It’s so distant to billionaire owners who only care how much you spend in their stadium. 

Add to that that the promotion/relegation in the leagues means they genuinely could make it to the EPL one day (very unlikely but still) and it’s just a great story

• Pie 2

Just now, WelshPanther said:

I haven’t watched the series yet but I think it’s great that they have chosen a community club to invest in.

it’s hard to explain how much the local teams mean to the people who live around them. It’s so distant to billionaire owners who only care how much you spend in their stadium. 

Add to that that the promotion/relegation in the leagues means they genuinely could make it to the EPL one day (very unlikely but still) and it’s just a great story

I found myself watching Wrexham take on Blythe on Saturday morning in the FA Cup on ESPN. It was a fun watch.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I found myself watching Wrexham take on Blythe on Saturday morning in the FA Cup on ESPN. It was a fun watch.

It’s crazy what is shown live over here these days. When I moved over 15 years ago it was impossible to watch games I wanted to. The FA Cup is a great competition, a local community team can end up playing Man Utd and the TV money and gate receipts will help them survive a few more years.

• Pie 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...