• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official HC Candidate Thread

methodtoll

6 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Something else to ponder that no one is really talking about but could potentially be a real outcome depending on how the remainder of the season goes but...

If Mike Tomlin is let go as HC in Pittsburgh (and given the ties to Tepper)... He could be a strong possibility. I know many have said that Tepper was one of the minority owners who wanted Tomlin gone but it is my understanding that Tepper was not, in fact, one the guys that wanted him out as Coach but actually was supportive of Tomlin.

That said, if Tomlin came to Carolina, I could see him keeping Wilks on as DC to have continuity. I am just not sure who he would bring in as OC but one would think he would learn from his mistakes and not hire Canada again. Personally I could see Todd Haley reuniting with Tomlin.

I know it may be far fetched but given the ties to the Steelers organization, it's not a complete stretch, IMO.

I have a hard time imagining the Steelers parting ways with Tomlin.

Besides the fact that they typically don't do that, he's got an awful lot of good will built up there. Heck, at this point he's arguably the most powerful guy in the building outside of ownership.

That said, anything can happen.

• Pie 1

I'd love for us to be able to get Payton but it's gonna be next to impossible to get the saints to hand him over. This year's 1st round pick is untouchable but the saints are gonna want 2 first plus some to let him go to a division rival. The only way I see him coming here is if Tepper offers him something crazy that seals him in to only wanting to come here and we both play hardball with the saints saying you either take the offer or lose Payton for nothing when his contract expires at the end of 2024. 

The pick compensation package isn't the only thing that would make it difficult to get Sean Payton.

Tepper has stated that he's going to have a more balanced division of power between the next coach and the GM, so anybody who's looking for massive control isn't likely to find it here.

That alone would make a highly unlikely you'd land Payton (ditto Harbaugh) but then on top of that you've got the compensation issue.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:49 AM, methodtoll said:

Given what Tepper said about giving coaches less control in his presser, I do not see Harbaugh being a candidate.

Tepper is a god damnfuging idiot and embarrassing every time he opens his stupid mouth. The best HCs in the nfl have a ton of control.

The issue is Tepper is too inept and gave a Baylor coach ALL control and a moron contract and doesn’t know the difference.

Christ almighty I hate that ugly fug.