• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Since you want this to play out publicly, fine. But you are definitely playing the victim here when you're far from innocent. And no one threatened you with a permanent ban, simply a vacation if you can't stop with the personal attacks. We usually start with 24 hours. Criticize Scott Fitterer and the team all you want. Just don't use personal attacks toward other posters while you're doing it.

These were the two warnings you were given.

Screenshot_20221012-133240.thumb.png.c2f241119b672fda9042ffb176a8ebb0.png

Screenshot_20221012-133518.thumb.png.9e221af7b37807ac34a3f24123f51cc0.png

Screenshot_20221012-133648.thumb.png.9d580829e792f517a810d8a525aed064.png

Screenshot_20221012-133726.thumb.png.e2abc45b357417c9628010121750e888.png

I'm not playing victim for anything. I'm calling out your BS, and you don't like that. You want to quote my posts and CONVIENTLY forget all the ones he did. So he posts some insulting condescending comments on his end, and I respond in same. And you mods rush to defend him and threaten me action.

Again, you stick up for this "established poster" with 122k poster even as he makes rude condescending posts left and right, but heaven forbid anyone hits back at him. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

GMs should be hired before I head coaches too, but we got that part ass backwards.

Also true that head coaches shouldn't be getting full control but again...

I'm okay with the largely being hired together too though.  Almost a package deal.   They need the same overall vision.  And you can't force it.  You can't make a guy think X if he believes Y in his heart in terms of football.  That's the Matt Rhule approach of building a coaching staff. 

You need a GM/HC that value the same things.  That also are working on the same timeline.  Two that are willing to go through a legit rebuild together.   That never seemed to be the case with Rhule + Hurney or Rhule + Fitt.  Nothing about this team actually said we were really going to build this team from the ground up. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I'm okay with the largely being hired together too though.  Almost a package deal.   They need the same overall vision.  And you can't force it.  You can't make a guy think X if he believes Y in his heart in terms of football.  That's the Matt Rhule approach of building a coaching staff. 

You need a GM/HC that value the same things.  That also are working on the same timeline.  Two that are willing to go through a legit rebuild together.   That never seemed to be the case with Rhule + Hurney or Rhule + Fitt.  Nothing about this team actually said we were really going to build this team from the ground up. 

Except the owner...

(who then did the opposite)

5 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'm not playing victim for anything. I'm calling out your BS, and you don't like that. You want to quote my posts and CONVIENTLY forget all the ones he did. So he posts some insulting condescending comments on his end, and I respond in same. And you mods rush to defend him and threaten me action.

Again, you stick up for this "established poster" with 122k poster even as he makes rude condescending posts left and right, but heaven forbid anyone hits back at him. 

My BS? I've put everything out there for everyone to see. Enough derailing today. See ya tomorrow.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I'm not sure why there's so much defense for Fit. 

Rhule and Tepper chose Fit.

The roster moves and contracts Rhule wanted, Fit happily made happen, and there isn't any indication that Fit disagreed or had a strong conviction against them, in fact quite the contrary.

Sam, Baker, Chuba, Henderson, Elflein, Erving, TMJ, Fletcher, Johnson (remember him),  trading away Perriman.... Fit made all those happen.

Fit has not shown some great ability to evaluate talent in the draft or otherwise. 

When asked about Fit, Tepper said, Fit is our GM....you know, like "Sam is our quarterback" last spring.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

40 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

okay fair, but if the way he condescends and disregards any other argument insults people with a a different view should he be banned? i don't see anyone of you mods stepping in to say anything to him for his condescension, do i? that's fair game, but then to post a rebuttal to that you're faced with a perma ban?

no insults. if you find that his posts are insulting to you, report them.

or just ignore him if he bothers you.

no one is forcing you into a conversation. you feel it's not going anywhere...just bail on it and move on.

Just now, rayzor said:

no insults. if you find that his posts are insulting to you, report them.

or just ignore him if he bothers you.

no one is forcing you into a conversation. you feel it's not going anywhere...just bail on it and move on.

btw....this is true for anyone who keeps getting pissed off by someone's posts. just ignore them or just quit responding. don't engage if it's like talking to a doorknob or they do nothing but piss you off. 

no one is forced into any conversations in here.

Just now, trueblade said:

No obvious connections I could find for either Hackett/Payton or McDaniel/Grier.

I thought there was one in Miami but I wasn't paying enough attention. Huh so a mixed bag.

Not looking great up in Denver for those 2. Minni and NYG killing it while Chi is at best a too soon. Like half a chance to work either way on that sample size. 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I thought there was one in Miami but I wasn't paying enough attention. Huh so a mixed bag.

Not looking great up in Denver for those 2. Minni and NYG killing it while Chi is at best a too soon. Like half a chance to work either way on that sample size. 

It's been suggested that the Hackett hire was a shadow op to try and lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver.

I don't know if that's true (kinda doubt it).

Does seem pretty clear though that both Paton and Hackett bought in heavily on Russell Wilson, and that belief is backfiring on them big time.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been suggested that the Hackett hire was a shadow op to try and lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver.

I don't know if that's true (kinda doubt it).

Does seem pretty clear though that both Paton and Hackett bought in heavily on Russell Wilson, and that belief is backfiring on them big time.

And they were bought by a Walmart heir? Fitting.

I am surprised by Hackett's work there so far. I knew Seattle wasn't going to be great this year, no idea what that plan really is still, but watching Wilson look like a different person was not expected for me. 

I just think it is a really bad idea to take a 1st year GM or HC and do that kind of a trade. Daboll is doing it the hard and right way IMO. 

• Pie 1