• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting a quarterback

Stuart Smith

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Neither Mahomes or Allen went #1 but plenty of really bad QBs have. I would rather have the best QB and not the most desired QB regardless of the 'experts' opinions.

This is a deep class, but not a star-studded class.  The QB hype train is only two cars long this year and the casual observers will get snagged in that narrative.  That's cool with me.  Hopefully Wilkes pulls out several wins, we trade back grab Mayer and take a QB at the top of the 2nd round.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

This is a deep class, but not a star-studded class.  The QB hype train is only two cars long this year and the casual observers will get snagged in that narrative.  That's cool with me.  Hopefully Wilkes pulls out several wins, we trade back grab Mayer and take a QB at the top of the 2nd round.

Every year that train gets out of hand. For fugs sake it did last year and it was the worst class I can remember.

The NFL is a hype machine and the need for QBs makes it a guarantee that fans will belive some of the crazy and stupid crap that they come up with to keep people engaged. I get what you are saying tho. I just don't look until the kids are done with school. It takes all of the emotion out of it and makes it easier IMO.

• Beer 1

I don’t think he’s a sure fire superstar but I would be ok with Levis.  He has a lot of upside.  Great size, big arm and pretty athletic.  Stroud and Young both scare me.  It’s so hard to get a gauge on how good Alabama and OSU QB’s are because they always have a stacked roster.   

On 10/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

DO NOT WANT STROUD!!!  Ohio State QBs are trash in the NFL. Fields is 2 years into his pro career and he looks worse and worse. 

Will never understand the people that look at the helmet and nothing else. Stroud looks like an entirely different QB.

• Pie 4

On 10/11/2022 at 10:11 PM, Krovvy said:

Panther fans be like "we should wait until next year" — every year.

It kills me, Young/Stroud are as good of prospects as anyone who has come out lately.  Every single player in the draft has some sort of risk, not very many have the prolonged upside as one of these QBs.  When you find yourself in a position to take a QB and you need one you take one.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, stan786 said:

It kills me, Young/Stroud are as good of prospects as anyone who has come out lately.  Every single player in the draft has some sort of risk, not very many have the prolonged upside as one of these QBs.  When you find yourself in a position to take a QB and you need one you take one.

Completely agree.  Assuming we are in the top 5, I don't see any other option than going qb.