• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I learned yesterday

Zod

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

our defense is not that good either

Our defense is stunted by the offense, point blank and period. It has given the offense three pick-sixes I'm three weeks, has dealt with little rest and short fields, and it still has limited the opposition to point totals that would've allowed a credible offense to win.

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I think yesterday proves to me that when Tepper fired Rhule 7 days ago that the edict to tank is on. 

It certainly feels that way, I just wonder though, obviously the players will play, but how does an organization start that conversation?

Feels like it would be a hard thing to sell Wilks on, he doesn't really gain anything by tanking - just further tarnishing his record as a HC, just to get let go at the end of the season.

Same with Fitterer - unless he was given assurances he is being retained regardless of the outcome of the season, which he may have been.

10 minutes ago, Samppson said:

It certainly feels that way, I just wonder though, obviously the players will play, but how does an organization start that conversation?

Feels like it would be a hard thing to sell Wilks on, he doesn't really gain anything by tanking - just further tarnishing his record as a HC, just to get let go at the end of the season.

Same with Fitterer - unless he was given assurances he is being retained regardless of the outcome of the season, which he may have been.

I don't know the how part - but the ultra conservative game plan including the not calling timeouts at the end of the first half just seemed so obvious that we had no plans of competing. Felt like the only objective in this game was to make CMC look good to hopefully convince a team to give up assets for him. I expect that once the trade deadline has passed you'll see more "injuries" to key players that will get them put on IR and lots of playing time for younger players that probably don't fit into our plans.