• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any Panthers card collectors out there? Mail Day!

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

dont feel like opening my safe, but I found packs in my desk

IMG_20221026_212855.jpg.628d469291ee3da0a03630f34dab6e09.jpg

fairly sure i have about 3 jordan coke-a-colas and few other jordans as well. in the safe, I may open it at another time..

Not familiar with the coke-a-cola packs. What’s the significance/chase? Are they old Jordan cards from his days at UNC? Very nice! 

5 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Not familiar with the coke-a-cola packs. What’s the significance/chase? Are they old Jordan cards from his days at UNC? Very nice! 

They were mass-produced with the Collegiate Licensing Company in 1989. CLC had sets made with basketball and football stars from Auburn, UNC, Arizona, LSU and other schools. Not a ton of value due to the large print quantity, but cool cards to look at and keep. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Carl got you with a better answer. My 1st cousin works security for UNC and gave them to me like 25 years ago and I stuffed them into one of my desks. I got a couple jordans doubt they are worth much, I got a few other different old unopened packs as well. 

• 4 months later...

Wow that's a nice Burns PC right there

I haven't bought any Panthers cards in years, shifted from collecting sports cards to Star Wars cards maybe 4 or 5 years ago and then have since shifted to Marvel cards now, mostly Sketches.

Let me go pull down some pictures of a few of my favorite Panther cards though and I'll post them here.

I have the best Lotulelei collection in the world, have every non 1/1 made of his and then almost all the non plate 1/1's as well, including the two best, the Chrome and NT RC 1/1's.  My J-Stew collection is pretty nasty too, at one point it might have been the best Stew PC around, but been out of the game so long, who knows now lol.

Only gonna add in a select handful of favorites to not overload the thread lol

Biakabutuka Flair Showcase Masterpiece 1/1... basically the holy grail of PC cards for me regardless of value, don't even remember how or where I stumbled across a guy with a bunch of Biakabutuka 1/1's years back.  Was able to get this one and a couple of others off of him in a deal.

image.thumb.png.168b33ce40b71b89ad945f54fd9725e7.png

Gotta include the Biakabutuka Green PMG /15 here too since PMGs are all the rave these days, also have the Red /150 as well of course

image.thumb.png.2d82a7418900a3a17653fced91e7491d.png

These 2011 Crown Silhouettes are still maybe my favorite set ever made, hit this one myself, and then actually hit a second one later as well.  Hit a few good Cam rookie autos myself, that was the year I had just got back into collecting too, including a really nice Gold Standard Patch/Auto

image.png.8593c4e3b74ac175f117fc38c4c567c7.png

The auto'd Stewart was /5 and I have 3 of the 5 of them, easily one of my favorite cards in my whole PC

1r5b1988.JPG

Have I think close to 40 Stew 1/1's so will only put one in here and I always LOVED the prizm finites so will go with this one (also have the non auto and the orange pylon parallel 1/1's from that year).  Have a few good rookie 1/1's too, including the Exquisite auto and Limited Shield/Auto

image.png.b82151872f0f9ecccc3e0e0e6409a01d.png

Gotta have a TD Rookie 1/1 in here, right?

image.png.54b86a031cb5cd672b45dd4d363c3176.png

Can't put a TD 1/1 in here without putting his partner in crime as well, this is a Chrome Mini Superfractor 1/1

image.png.08a2ebd4de3c067da91c5dba1f3387a9.png

People are gonna poopoo on me for including a Funchess 1/1 here, but this one holds special meaning.  He went to my rival high school (albeit years after me) and is by far the best player to come out of my hometown in any sport, and then got drafted by my team.  So pretty cool for me to pickup the Michigan Flag 1/1 auto of his, closest thing I'll ever get to a hometown card of his.  I also got to meet him after his rookie year and got a picture with him, then got it signed a year or two later and inscribed about being from our hometown to Carolina.

image.png.ef53d8d397534664c92ca029f6adbb5a.png

A couple Quad team autos

image.png.52b202a3dc48e663da029fca50482613.pngimage.png.f198b74edf08d7617d1f43f988e91e31.png

And of course can't finish this post off without a 1/1 from the GOAT.......

image.png.6308dd1af8ee12f99be1b3d514c6900e.png

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Biakabutuka Flair Showcase Masterpiece 1/1... basically the holy grail of PC cards for me regardless of value, don't even remember how or where I stumbled across a guy with a bunch of Biakabutuka 1/1's years back.  Was able to get this one and a couple of others off of him in a deal.

I think it was Ebay many years back. You and him had some sort of misunderstanding where he didn't like you and wouldn't sell. I talked to him for a while and helped smooth things over between the two of you. I was the guy with the Luke collection on blowout. 

1 minute ago, panther252 said:

I think it was Ebay many years back. You and him had some sort of misunderstanding where he didn't like you and wouldn't sell. I talked to him for a while and helped smooth things over between the two of you. I was the guy with the Luke collection on blowout. 

Ahhh, I remember that Luke PC

Not sure the other part was about me though as nothing there rings a bell to me.  Maybe I've just forgotten though lol

But now that I think about it, I do feel like I remember the Biakabutuka's didn't come to me in a normal way, that someone put me in contact with the guy.  So maybe you did that, but don't think it was because I had beef with someone on eBay, but who knows.

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Ahhh, I remember that Luke PC

Not sure the other part was about me though as nothing there rings a bell to me.  Maybe I've just forgotten though lol

But now that I think about it, I do feel like I remember the Biakabutuka's didn't come to me in a normal way, that someone put me in contact with the guy.  So maybe you did that, but don't think it was because I had beef with someone on eBay, but who knows.

I think you lowballed him many years prior and he held a grudge. It's been like ten years if you can believe, but I probably still have the PMs on my dusty BO account if we really wanna find out. You also had beef with that Oregon ducks dude who was basically your Stew rival. Then when he was finally wiling to sell and move on to jerseys and stuff I helped talk him into giving you some deals. I looked out for you man haha.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panther252 said:

I think you lowballed him many years prior and he held a grudge. It's been like ten years if you can believe, but I probably still have the PMs on my dusty BO account if we really wanna find out. You also had beef with that Oregon ducks dude who was basically your Stew rival. Then when he was finally wiling to sell and move on to jerseys and stuff I helped talk him into giving you some deals. I looked out for you man haha.

haha yea the two of us did not like each other very much

But I don't think it was due to us having any issue with the other person as much as we both kept screwing each other over and creating a false Stewart market and drove up prices on each of us like crazy.