• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, so now that we know 100% that QB will be our pick in rd 1.. Let’s talk about our 2nd biggest need, WR. Who do we love in the 2nd?

panthersgreenville

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Blocking TE's are all we have on the roster. And they even suck at that.

I wouldn't go that far, they're both good blockers, we need an offense in my opinion that creates more opps aside from a TE screen pass. 

I like the size / athleticism / traits -- Thomas had a good year with Cam, then Olsen came back, then Joe Brady ignored the TE in the offense. 

I'm not as low on them, ultimately because we haven't drawn up much for them, perhaps with Robbie's exit, and...I can't believe I'm typing this Sam's return, we see some utilization down field. 

Thomas made a hell of a catch in the Vikings game, and has had a lot of spots over his career, the offenses emphasis on using TE hasn't always been there. 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm not a big fan of moving up in drafts but if we owned the #1 pick? 

I'd be okay moving up from the 33rd spot if there was someone great in the end of the first or middle.  Using that 33rd pick plus something wouldn't be that massive of a cost. 

I mean, the Otah/Stewart year catches a lot of hell.  But in reality, we hit on two super studs.  One just couldn't stay healthy and you can't predict that. 

Actually whoever gets the first overall pick gets 2 first round picks because of the Dolphins. 

the other point of discussion is here is what position is Chinn going to be playing because I’m pretty done with seeing that guy try to be pegged as a true safety.

bulk him up, and I suppose you’ve opened the door to offloading Thompson, not that I relish it.

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

assuming we go in with Terrace, Lavishka, Moore..

I don't think the answer to WR is to get younger. They need a veteran. 

Unfortunately there isn’t any good ones heading into FA 23. Maybe a surprise cap casualty or a trade of a future mid round pick could be an option. 

47 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

A good TE would be a huge help to a young QB.  We don't even have an average one on the roster.

Adding a vet TE through FA would be best case scenario for a rookie QB. Even if that "rookie" is Corral. 

BTW, I'm not lobbying for NOT drafting a QB. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Growl said:

I don’t think a WR would be out of the question at the top of the 2nd round but ideally you’re getting the top ranked TE.

I’d like to say pass rusher but I cannot remember the last time a top of the 2nd round DE actually became a great player.

WRs do. LBs do. TEs do. 

Preston Smith was an early 2nd, Frank Clark a late 2nd. Yannick Ngakoue was early 3rd. I'd be happy with someone of that talent level if they were there in the 2nd.

TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1